Latest restricted WACUP beta release is build #18798 (April 7th 2024) (x86 & x64 changelogs) | Latest WACUP public preview is build #17040 (September 30th 2023) (x86 only)

NOTE: Beta testers are added in a limited & subjective manner as I can only support so many people as part of the beta test program to keep it useful for my needs.

Unless I think you're going to be helpful, not all requests will be accepted but might still be later on. Remember that beta testing is to help me & the limitations currently works for my needs for this project.

Author Topic: New Classic Skin Size  (Read 3416 times)

MourningStar

• Beta Tester
  • ... (-(-_(-_-)_-)-) ...
    • View Profile
New Classic Skin Size
« on: March 25, 2021, 11:46:56 PM »
I am giving the Main Menu > Options > Double Size a try. I  like it, kinda. Would like to see a size half way between original and double. Will walk the plank here and go one further with a request for incremental options between original and double.

dro

• Admin / WACUP Developer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • WACUP (Winamp Community Update Project)
Re: New Classic Skin Size
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2021, 12:28:24 AM »
Additional scaling options for classic skins has been on my todo list for an age & is waiting for me to finish taking over all of the classic skin ui (i.e. dropping the winamp core) to achieve it.

-dro

MourningStar

• Beta Tester
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2021, 12:53:36 AM »
thx Darren. Hope we both live long enough to see this realized. Myself? Well, I have been walkin' the planet long enough as to have been in a local band playing covers of Cream, Hendrix, Yardbirds when their music was current. I am a stone-age dinosaur, closer to The End than the Beginnings (heh heh, yeah - we played those tunes (Doors/CTA) also ... (hope you be much younger).

MourningStar

• Beta Tester
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2021, 12:19:27 AM »
Classic Skin sizes available are 1x (too small) and 2x (too big). I request 1.5x (just right)

thank you, Goldilocks

dro

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2021, 01:53:04 PM »
Tbh 3x scaling is more likely to appear than 1.5x for the moment. The issue is that 1.5x scaling using the same way that 2x scaling is done (equivalent of nearest neighbour from what I can tell) looks awful for a lot of skins (making it blurry & loose colour definition) so it's going to need some experimenting to find a solution (or offer up a range of solutions & allow the user to choose) that work well for non integer scaling - an issue that also affects modern skins (which is probably a bilinear scale due to the time it was implemented).

-dro

[edit]
Knew I should've double-checked, you'd already asked for this before -> https://getwacup.com/community/index.php?topic=1170.0
« Last Edit: June 12, 2021, 01:57:47 PM by dro »

MourningStar

• Beta Tester
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2021, 05:20:16 PM »
Knew I should've double-checked, you'd already asked for this before -> https://getwacup.com/community/index.php?topic=1170.0
my bad & my apologies. proceed to remove this post

dro

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2021, 12:56:28 PM »
I've merged the threads as the new details in my reply are helpful to keep (more for me) from some of the initial investigation work that had been done.

-dro