Latest restricted WACUP beta release is build #18916 (April 18th 2024) (x86 & x64 changelogs) | Latest WACUP public preview is build #18916 (April 18th 2024) (x86 only)

NOTE: Beta testers are added in a limited & subjective manner as I can only support so many people as part of the beta test program to keep it useful for my needs.

Unless I think you're going to be helpful, not all requests will be accepted but might still be later on. Remember that beta testing is to help me & the limitations currently works for my needs for this project.

Author Topic: Double sized playlist window  (Read 2576 times)

lakecityransom

• Beta Tester
    • View Profile
Double sized playlist window
« on: November 09, 2020, 03:52:40 PM »
I am using the classic skin, I am getting double sized playlist window along with the main window. I read that there is a tickbox to turn this off under skins. I found that and turned it off, but it still enlarges.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2020, 03:54:36 PM by lakecityransom »

Aminifu

• Beta Tester
    • View Profile
Re: Double sized playlist window
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2020, 07:52:35 PM »
You should be able to point just outside the lower right-hand corner of the Playlist Editor window. When the pointer symbol changes how it looks, then click and move up, down, or diagonally to resize the window. You should also be able to click on the window's title bar and reposition the window. There is a minimum width and length. The new Playlist Editor window size and position should be maintained when WACUP is shutdown and restarted.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2020, 08:04:03 PM by Aminifu »
Windows 11 Home 64-bit v23H2
Logitech Z906 5.1 speaker system

dro

• Admin / WACUP Developer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • WACUP (Winamp Community Update Project)
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2020, 10:32:18 PM »
That preference option doesn't relate to the playlist editor window & I will probably remove it at some point since it was mostly for testing early on. It just relates to the non-native skinned window frames but as the majority of such windows under WACUP now support it, it's only really 3rd party plug-in windows that aren't able to follow it & just act like they're 1x sized.

Double-size support under WACUP is meant to be enabled consistently for the native windows (main, eq, playlist, video) unlike Winamp which only did it on the main & eq windows (I always hated that inconsistency) so toggling the main double-size option is the way to enable/disable things but it's not possible to do it on a per-window mode (at least not for the time being in a manner comparable to what can be done with modern skins).

The difference in behaviour vs Winamp is to make for a better double-size experience for the majority who want / need things to be consistent.

-dro
« Last Edit: November 09, 2020, 10:33:11 PM by dro »

lakecityransom

• Beta Tester
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2020, 12:45:52 PM »
I understand why you are taking this approach from a development standpoint. From what I remember, everyone I ever saw back in the day had double mode on because the main window in non-double mode was just so tiny. in that respect I came to regard it as normal and now it just feels like the playlist borders and buttons are magnified. Well, it is what it is. Thanks for answering.

dro

• Admin / WACUP Developer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • WACUP (Winamp Community Update Project)
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2020, 05:57:40 PM »
I get that it can seem quite different as it took me a while to get used to it but the ui consistency (as much as can be with a winamp-like ui) is imho worth it & I now find it jarring when having to compare against a plain 5.666 install & it's little pledit window.

Though like I noted, other scaling modes & possibly allowing per-window scaling (like modern skins have via the unlinked scaling mode) would be the way to support what's needed for everyone once it's coded :)

-dro