Latest restricted WACUP beta release is build #18654 (March 24th 2024) (x86 & x64 changelogs) | Latest WACUP public preview is build #17040 (September 30th 2023) (x86 only)

NOTE: Beta testers are added in a limited & subjective manner as I can only support so many people as part of the beta test program to keep it useful for my needs.

Unless I think you're going to be helpful, not all requests will be accepted but might still be later on. Remember that beta testing is to help me & the limitations currently works for my needs for this project.

Author Topic: Internet Radio Updates  (Read 3891 times)

Aminifu

• Beta Tester
    • View Profile
Internet Radio Updates
« on: October 11, 2020, 07:57:31 PM »
The option to "Purge internet radio stations ..." on the Media Library - Internet Radio tab is inactive. Is this temporary or will this option be removed going forward?
Windows 11 Home 64-bit v23H2
Logitech Z906 5.1 speaker system

dro

• Admin / WACUP Developer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • WACUP (Winamp Community Update Project)
Re: Internet Radio Updates
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2020, 01:09:10 AM »
I've just removed it as it was something I was using internally during early testing.

-dro

Aminifu

• Beta Tester
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2020, 01:43:00 AM »
Does your decision to remove the option I asked about mean that the cache update process will just add new stations and not remove previous stations that are not detected? If so, I believe it is proper to remove previous stations that are not detected.

If previous stations that are not detected are removed, is it possible to add a way for users to mark their favorite stations so that they are not removed if not detected?

Aminifu

• Beta Tester
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2020, 05:48:08 AM »
If previous stations that are not detected are removed, is it possible to add a way for users to mark their favorite stations so that they are not removed if not detected?

I waited too long to expand the above request to:

If previous stations that are not detected are removed, is it possible to add a way for users to mark their favorite stations so that they are highlighted and not removed if not detected?

dro

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2020, 04:51:36 PM »
There wasn't anything hooked up to the option as what I'd been using during initial testing was no longer there after I changed how updates are done from being all client-side to just pulling down the updated db. I occasionally do a purge on the copy before it goes up though the default mode to hide 'older' listings mostly removes that from the user-facing side but that's generally done on anything that's not been seen for over half a year (which imho is long enough to assume that it's gone / changed to something else & those old details don't matter now).

With it pulling down the update, I'd need to implement a user specific support & that's the intention for the 'user stations' node though I've not implemented it as yet. There's also whether anything listed under there should also be appearing in the main genre results (it probably should) as the idea was also to allow for external listings to be added to that node & it not just be what's found within the search results.

So I'd probably need to just do enough to support a user db & merge that into the pulled db (as there's not a JOIN equivalent with NDE so I'd have to duplicate the data). The main issue I've then got is with user additions, ensuring that valid data is entered so it'll fit in with the pulled results that themselves are processed a bit to try to get the 3 different services matching up & that's before how to reliably try & determine the format/bitrate of the added stream.

-dro

Aminifu

• Beta Tester
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2020, 01:48:56 AM »
It appears that there is little that is simple in providing this Winamp replacement. I continue to be amazed by the effort you continue to put into this project. I probably would have gave up long ago, I sincerely appreciate that you have not.

dro

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2020, 03:28:59 AM »
Put it down to stubbornness & me trying to avoid having to go back to working in a warehouse. I also wouldn't keep trying to do this if I wasn't generally happy doing it (as for users having issues that cba to report it, that does get to me) though I know I'm going to have issues once I hit mid-2022 to mostly try to keep self-funding things so I will need to consider what happens from then. but that's still a way off for the time being.

-dro

Aminifu

• Beta Tester
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2020, 12:23:57 AM »
... but that's still a way off for the time being.

-dro

Yes, I understand loving what you do. For most of my working career I was blessed to be able to do that. For me, work was fun. It was like getting paid for stuff I was going to do anyway, if only as a hobby.

Who knows, I could win the Lottery by then and be able to substantially help with the funding issues. ;)
« Last Edit: October 22, 2020, 12:28:06 AM by Aminifu »