Latest restricted WACUP beta release is build #18654 (March 24th 2024) (x86 & x64 changelogs) | Latest WACUP public preview is build #17040 (September 30th 2023) (x86 only)

NOTE: Beta testers are added in a limited & subjective manner as I can only support so many people as part of the beta test program to keep it useful for my needs.

Unless I think you're going to be helpful, not all requests will be accepted but might still be later on. Remember that beta testing is to help me & the limitations currently works for my needs for this project.

Author Topic: LCD STUDIO PLUGIN for HTPC LCD  (Read 1942 times)

darkv

• View Profile
LCD STUDIO PLUGIN for HTPC LCD
« on: July 30, 2020, 01:07:26 PM »
Hello, i have a matrix orbital   LCD screen for my HTPC  that shows song info and  spectrum analyser which runs on LCD studio with a plugin for winamp that works perfectly with song info and spectrum analyser.
On this version however, the spectrum analyser does not work.
I do have the dll file which  i have noticed that it shows up in original winamp visualisation plugin section but not this version.

dro

• Admin / WACUP Developer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • WACUP (Winamp Community Update Project)
Re: LCD STUDIO PLUGIN for HTPC LCD
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2020, 02:50:40 PM »
What's the name of the dll file? As only vis_*.dll will be loaded as a vis plug-in.

I know older Winamp versions would generically look at any dll in the plug-ins folder to try to find vis plug-ins but Winamp iirc changed that in the 5.6x era (can't remember the specific version where I'd made that change) & WACUP will also only look for vis_*.dll files to list/use as a valid vis plug-in.

Winamp changed that behaviour as it was causing crashes from some plug-ins / dlls not liking being dynamically loaded & unloaded as the vis checking would do & I think WACUP doing also that is the approach.

[edit]
I'd missed https://getwacup.com/community/index.php/topic,858.msg5294.html#msg5294 & from a look at the WinampNative.dll it should work if you rename it to vis_WinampNative.dll

-dro
« Last Edit: July 30, 2020, 02:53:12 PM by dro »