Latest restricted WACUP beta release is build #18654 (March 24th 2024) (x86 & x64 changelogs) | Latest WACUP public preview is build #17040 (September 30th 2023) (x86 only)

NOTE: Beta testers are added in a limited & subjective manner as I can only support so many people as part of the beta test program to keep it useful for my needs.

Unless I think you're going to be helpful, not all requests will be accepted but might still be later on. Remember that beta testing is to help me & the limitations currently works for my needs for this project.

Author Topic: Logitech G-Hub Software and Wacup  (Read 3382 times)

AdmiralRaccoon

• Beta Tester
    • View Profile
Logitech G-Hub Software and Wacup
« on: July 26, 2020, 04:47:09 PM »
Hi there, not sure if this is an Wacup issue, but maybe someone has an Idea:

I have a Logitech G915 RGB keyboard, which supports audio visualisation when creating profiles with the G-Hub Software.
Usually, you pick a path to the .exe file and the profile activates when the app starts. For example, this works well for the Plex deskop app. But when creating a profile for Wacup, no matter if I use the Wacup.exe, the Winamp.exe, or both), the Logitech software doesn´t recognize Wacup and stays with the default Desktop profile.

Again, I think this is an G-Hub Software, as many are saying it´s quite buggy. But maybe there is an Option for Wacup how it reports to the system?

Thank you,
Philipp

dro

• Admin / WACUP Developer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • WACUP (Winamp Community Update Project)
Re: Logitech G-Hub Software and Wacup
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2020, 08:23:57 PM »
Maybe try setting it to look for 'winamp.original'. As the wacup.exe/winamp.exe are stubs that then load winamp.original which does the work for the time being.

-dro

AdmiralRaccoon

• Beta Tester
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2020, 07:38:49 PM »
Great, thank you! That was the trick!

dro

• Admin / WACUP Developer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • WACUP (Winamp Community Update Project)
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2020, 02:04:42 PM »
Only issue will be when I drop the winamp.original aspect & it then breaks things again (which should then just go back to picking wacup.exe/winamp.exe), heh :)

-dro