• Evil Genius
  • Beta Tester
  • AMIGA Forever
    • View Profile
    • About Me
Last.fm scrobbler info
« on: June 30, 2020, 08:34:23 AM »
General notes for Last.fm scrobbler users

Ignore the new Last.fm scrobbler as it does not have a winamp plugin, or support the old one.
https://www.last.fm/download/windows
The old legacy scrobbler (v2.1.37) works fine but will install the plugin to Winamp plugins folder not WACUP.
It will be named either "gen_wa2_scrobbler.dll" or "ml_wa2_scrobbler.dll" (no idea why it varies but on my Win10 PC it has the "gen" prefix, and on the Win7 PC has the "ml" prefix).
Move it to the WACUP plugin folder and it will work.

Now importantly you need to update the OpenSSL libs to current secure versions.
You need branch 1.0.2 which is currently on life support phase, so expect updates to end soon.
https://wiki.openssl.org/index.php/Binaries
You will want an x86 32bit build.
Copy the 2 DLL files to the last.fm program folder and overwrite the old ones.
My weekly radio show on Source FM ☛ 15% Extra

dro

• Admin / WACUP Developer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • WACUP (Winamp Community Update Project)
Re: Last.fm scrobbler info
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2020, 09:34:32 PM »
The gen_wa2_scrobbler.dll vs ml_wa2_scrobbler.dll aspect is a historical thing based on the install type (i.e. whether the media library is installed or not) & also for some setups due to how dll loading worked which could vary especially if using FAT32 vs NTFS which altered which dlls got loaded.

Often that meant the ml version was more likely to hook things correctly compared to the gen version (especially with catching playback started early on in loading) but most of what led to that was resolved with later Winamp versions where 3rd party plug-ins were changed to be loaded after the native plug-ins which for the most part negates needing to use one version over the other.

-dro

Dr.Flay

• Evil Genius
  • Beta Tester
  • AMIGA Forever
    • View Profile
    • About Me
Re: Last.fm scrobbler info
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2020, 03:30:12 AM »
Thanks for the clarification.
Personally I think it is better added to the general section anyway, as it has no config to change and it does not add anything to the media library, or interact with it.
My weekly radio show on Source FM ☛ 15% Extra