Latest restricted WACUP beta release is build #18916 (April 18th 2024) (x86 & x64 changelogs) | Latest WACUP public preview is build #18916 (April 18th 2024) (x86 only)

NOTE: Beta testers are added in a limited & subjective manner as I can only support so many people as part of the beta test program to keep it useful for my needs.

Unless I think you're going to be helpful, not all requests will be accepted but might still be later on. Remember that beta testing is to help me & the limitations currently works for my needs for this project.

Author Topic: Full or Portable ?  (Read 1977 times)

Ysl

• Beta Tester
    • View Profile
Full or Portable ?
« on: December 25, 2020, 08:25:32 AM »
Hi

I don't remember if I installed initially the full or the Portable version so I'm afraid to install the wrong version of the latest build...

How can I know which one I installed ?

Thanks and Merry Xmas :)

Ysl

dro

• Admin / WACUP Developer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • WACUP (Winamp Community Update Project)
Re: Full or Portable ?
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2020, 02:57:38 AM »
You shouldn't cause an issue if you select the wrong type as there's no real difference when dealing with an existing preview build as the settings from that will be maintained & all of the builds essentially act like they're portable installs anyway :) Also if it's in the Program Files folder then it's likely to be non-portable install.

You can however check by looking in the paths.ini via a text editor within the root of the WACUP program folder to see if there's a portable=1 line in there or not. If it's set to that then it's deemed to be a portable install.

-dro