Latest restricted WACUP beta release is build #18654 (March 24th 2024) (x86 & x64 changelogs) | Latest WACUP public preview is build #17040 (September 30th 2023) (x86 only)

NOTE: Beta testers are added in a limited & subjective manner as I can only support so many people as part of the beta test program to keep it useful for my needs.

Unless I think you're going to be helpful, not all requests will be accepted but might still be later on. Remember that beta testing is to help me & the limitations currently works for my needs for this project.

Author Topic: Library sorting should be capable to sort double-album  (Read 2908 times)

zackbuffo

• View Profile
    • Fracture - The godfathers of Mombeach Metal
Library sorting should be capable to sort double-album
« on: June 14, 2020, 01:38:21 PM »
I just recently came accross the issue that in the library it's impossible to sort one fully tagged double-album in its correct song AND disk order at once. Currently it's just an either or, which is not ideal. Wacup should become smart enough to handle this as a music player and music library manager.

What I would expect is the option to sort like the following:
Song 1 - Disc 1
Song 2 - Disc 1
Song 3 - Disc 1
[all Songs] - Disc 1
Song 1 - Disc 2
Song 2 - Disc 2
Song 3 - Disc 2
[all Songs] - Disc 2

dro

• Admin / WACUP Developer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • WACUP (Winamp Community Update Project)
Re: Library sorting should be capable to sort double-album
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2020, 02:14:52 PM »
Which local library plug-in are you using?

-dro

zackbuffo

• View Profile
    • Fracture - The godfathers of Mombeach Metal
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2020, 07:24:54 PM »
I just learned about different ML Plugins in the "Rescan Library" thread and found out, that the initial ML plugin does also deliver this capability. Thanks again, DrO.

But there is another question in the context of this capability:
I just recently discovered WACUP's "Play Random Album" feature, which I like very much. How would a double-album be enqueued, if "Play Random Album" hits one? Just sorted by title in alphabetical order or do you get the correct song order given by the album's title- and disk number tags? You might have guessed it, I would strongly prefer the latter...

dro

• Admin / WACUP Developer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • WACUP (Winamp Community Update Project)
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2020, 05:45:39 PM »
At the moment there's generally no additional sorting applied to the results from the replacement plug-in as I've not implemented the associative style of sorting that is needed. Associative sorting is where one value implies what is done for another which I've got to do either in a ml_local-like fixed list of mappings or based on what the user has decided based on probably clicking the column headers to allow for a custom sorting (more like Explorer does & which is something that has a long rambling thread about it on the other forum).

-dro