Latest restricted WACUP beta release is build #18654 (March 24th 2024) (x86 & x64 changelogs) | Latest WACUP public preview is build #17040 (September 30th 2023) (x86 only)

NOTE: Beta testers are added in a limited & subjective manner as I can only support so many people as part of the beta test program to keep it useful for my needs.

Unless I think you're going to be helpful, not all requests will be accepted but might still be later on. Remember that beta testing is to help me & the limitations currently works for my needs for this project.

Author Topic: Issues with Discord Rich Presence  (Read 7699 times)

ScorpRadio

• View Profile
Issues with Discord Rich Presence
« on: June 13, 2020, 06:28:13 PM »
Greetings All,

First time poster but long time Winamp/Shoutcast user. I apologize ahead of time if this is not being posted in the correct place or if the topic is not of relevance. I know this is probably more of a Discord issue but I have posted on Discord and gotten zero results. Attempted to find out what I am doing wrong on other third party sites, still nothing. There is one topic posted here but it is not of any use to my issue.
I have been attempting to use the WinAmp/Discord plugin and not having much luck and this is where I am at.

So, I have downloaded the Discord Winamp Rich Presence Plugin that allows you to play music on your discord. This can be found here https://github.com/clandrew/wdrp . On this page at the bottom is a tutorial on how to set it up. However, it stops and I am very confused at to what is required next.

At this time, I have installed and located the plugin in WinAmp and it is registering. I went to https://discord.com/developers/applications/ and created a WinAmp Application. I have added the Application ID to my settings in WinAmp. Now.after that the instructions just stop and I have no idea what to do.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated!
« Last Edit: June 13, 2020, 06:30:03 PM by ScorpRadio »

dro

• Admin / WACUP Developer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • WACUP (Winamp Community Update Project)
Re: Issues with Discord Rich Presence
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2020, 02:18:55 PM »
Erm unless you'd not installed it, WACUP includes a Discord plug-in directly as part of it along with it not requiring you to register things / install a 3rd party plug-in.

So as long as you've got the Windows Discord client present & running (that's the only way that works) then https://getwacup.com/community/index.php/topic,471.0.html shows the preference page that you need to go to & enable the option to allow it to run.

-dro

ScorpRadio

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2020, 04:39:02 PM »
Erm unless you'd not installed it, WACUP includes a Discord plug-in directly as part of it along with it not requiring you to register things / install a 3rd party plug-in.

So as long as you've got the Windows Discord client present & running (that's the only way that works) then https://getwacup.com/community/index.php/topic,471.0.html shows the preference page that you need to go to & enable the option to allow it to run.

-dro

Thanks so much for the reply. I was not aware of this. I have since updated to Wacup and located the Discord tab and enabled the mode.
The issue I am having is actually getting this thing to show up (1) in Discord and (2) of course letting people be able to hear it. Again, the issue really isn't with WA and there is a strong chance I just don't know what I am doing on Discord. With that said,  I got no assistance at all on Discord which is why I posted here. I have also attempted to see tutorial videos with this but again, it is not showing me what I have to do in Discord to make this thing appear and register

dro

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2020, 05:39:01 PM »
I got no assistance at all on Discord which is why I posted here.
Was that on the WACUP discord server or somewhere else? As I don't remember seeing any requests for help on the WACUP discord server in the past few weeks related to the Discord support.

I do however wonder if you're maybe expecting something more than the mode does. As all it can do is add something to the user profile (e.g. ) when you click / hover over the user name along with possibly showing something below the username depending on whether a custom title is set or whether something else is running which is taking precedence.

However it definitely cannot offer a means for someone to then play that from you (that would need something completely different which I believe would require a Discord bot).

-dro

ScorpRadio

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2020, 06:19:21 PM »
Aha!! Thanks for that!  Ok, getting somewhere. What essentially I am attempting to do is set up a listening portal for my Discord users. Not really sure how to set up a bot for that

dro

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2020, 12:29:22 AM »
That's not something I've tried doing but I think you have to rely on a bot to get the audio to the Discord platform in a way that it needs. I've seen there are bot solutions to take an HTTP/Icecast/SHOUTcast style stream url (as WACUP can output with it's built in streaming support) & it then passes it over to Discord to appear as a voice channel iirc but that's not something I've ever tried doing so I don't know what else might be needed to achieve your ultimate goal.

Maybe someone else seeing this might be able to chip in that's got more experience as other than the Rich Text aspects, I just use Discord as standard without specific bots.

-dro
« Last Edit: June 17, 2020, 12:36:13 AM by dro »

Eris Lund

• The Skin Guy, Official Modern Skin tech support
  • Beta Tester
    • View Profile
    • Eris Lund's Github
« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2020, 08:04:43 AM »
i would say such feature isn't needed, especially as it'd need a bot on the server to be installed for which you'd need to have permission first to do so

some discord bots made for music do actually support taking a stream URL and play it as is (Groovy is what comes in mind)
Currently building the fourth (and best) incarnation of Classic Skins in Modern Skins
https://github.com/0x5066/DeClassified
Current maintainer of the WACUP version of Winamp Modern.
https://github.com/0x5066/WinampModernPP
I made that one skin that one time.
https://github.com/0x5066/Winamp2000SP4

Dr.Flay

• Evil Genius
  • Beta Tester
  • AMIGA Forever
    • View Profile
    • About Me
« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2020, 08:46:01 PM »
I don't see why you are trying to make it so hard for yourself.
Sit in a voice room and feed your WACUP audio to Discord.
Done.
My weekly radio show on Source FM ☛ 15% Extra

dro

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 19, 2020, 09:13:19 PM »
I didn't think it was possible to directly point the WACUP stream output into Discord or has that changed / part of the unofficial Discord desktop client? Or do you mean just having it generically capture what's playing on the machine at the time?

-dro

Dr.Flay

• Evil Genius
  • Beta Tester
  • AMIGA Forever
    • View Profile
    • About Me
« Reply #9 on: June 20, 2020, 01:17:26 AM »
In Discord you can select your input/output options so you can use SteroMix.
If you can't enable StereoMix in Windows then a virtual driver will do the job better.
StereoMix has the problem of loopback, so it fine if you are the only one being heard, but anyone talking to you will hear themselves sent back.

The best option for a virtual driver is whatever fits your need from the VoiceMeeter site.
From a basic no GUI version right up to an eye-bending mixer desk, with more features than you can shake a shitty stick at.
https://www.vb-audio.com
I use the middle version "Banana" (Don't ask, no idea either) on both laptops, but may opt for "Potato" (yes seriously) on one of the PCs as it has 3 virtual channels and more visual feedback of what is using what.
My weekly radio show on Source FM ☛ 15% Extra