Latest restricted WACUP beta release is build #18654 (March 24th 2024) (x86 & x64 changelogs) | Latest WACUP public preview is build #17040 (September 30th 2023) (x86 only)

NOTE: Beta testers are added in a limited & subjective manner as I can only support so many people as part of the beta test program to keep it useful for my needs.

Unless I think you're going to be helpful, not all requests will be accepted but might still be later on. Remember that beta testing is to help me & the limitations currently works for my needs for this project.

Author Topic: Virtual auxillary input  (Read 2357 times)

scr1m3

• Beta Tester
    • View Profile
Virtual auxillary input
« on: June 26, 2020, 10:21:32 AM »
I want input audio from my browser (Google Play Music, YouTube, etc) into WACUP. This is so I can use plugins such as AVS. I was thinking perhaps I could do this with a virtual AUX driver. But I'm not sure if this is possible or how I would do it. I'm currently using HDMI out to an amp for audio (this may change to optical out in the future), so there isn't a way to do this with my current audio driver.

Has anyone done this before?

dro

• Admin / WACUP Developer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • WACUP (Winamp Community Update Project)
Re: Virtual auxillary input
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2020, 10:02:03 PM »
It can be done with the null output + linein:// & capturing the 'stereo mix' device (aka what you're listening to). There's also virtual audio & capturing from that but if you don't want to have the WACUP output be heard & it's just for driving the visualiser then the first option is more likely to work without having to install other things.

-dro