Latest restricted WACUP beta release is build #18654 (March 24th 2024) (x86 & x64 changelogs) | Latest WACUP public preview is build #17040 (September 30th 2023) (x86 only)

NOTE: Beta testers are added in a limited & subjective manner as I can only support so many people as part of the beta test program to keep it useful for my needs.

Unless I think you're going to be helpful, not all requests will be accepted but might still be later on. Remember that beta testing is to help me & the limitations currently works for my needs for this project.

Author Topic: Proper CUE support  (Read 2827 times)

Mits

• View Profile
Proper CUE support
« on: June 13, 2020, 08:06:59 AM »
It would be a dream come true if Wacup some day fully supported CUE playback. Some of us listen exclusively to full albums or need to find a specific track in a given flac album.
It is inconceivable that after 20 years (see https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FLAC) since the development and standardisation of the most popular lossless format, CUE sheets are still not working.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2020, 08:07:39 AM by Mits »

dro

• Admin / WACUP Developer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • WACUP (Winamp Community Update Project)
Re: Proper CUE support
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2020, 02:13:28 PM »
It's on my never ending todo list (I even tried to crowd source this on the Winamp forums a decade ago & people didn't care) but I need to replace more parts to be less encumbered by Winamp core functionality & also to have the main plug-in formats be able to support it directly (e.g. in_mp3 still needs to see a replacement started).

As any Winamp plug-in cue solution at the moment is a hack (assuming it's one of the ones that still works) & I want to do it right i.e. starting playback can cause some audio issues in some cases since it's got to start playback & pause it quickly before seeking to the desired position & then resuming playback. Also if you're just playing a file+cue through in order then other than the visual aspects there's no reason for it to be closed & re-opened which can cause track transition blips.

-dro

Vaako

• Beta Tester
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2020, 08:54:13 PM »
@Mits

You ask for proper CUE support.
I can't even get it to work at all.

WACUP does not recognise CUE files, if you try to open a file it only sees the flac files.
Regards, Vaako

Vaako

• Beta Tester
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2020, 02:38:37 PM »
It's on my never ending todo list (I even tried to crowd source this on the Winamp forums a decade ago & people didn't care) but I need to replace more parts to be less encumbered by Winamp core functionality & also to have the main plug-in formats be able to support it directly (e.g. in_mp3 still needs to see a replacement started).

As any Winamp plug-in cue solution at the moment is a hack (assuming it's one of the ones that still works) & I want to do it right i.e. starting playback can cause some audio issues in some cases since it's got to start playback & pause it quickly before seeking to the desired position & then resuming playback. Also if you're just playing a file+cue through in order then other than the visual aspects there's no reason for it to be closed & re-opened which can cause track transition blips.

-dro

Can you put this feature request somewhat higher on your to-do-list ?
Regards, Vaako