Latest restricted WACUP beta release is build #18654 (March 24th 2024) (x86 & x64 changelogs) | Latest WACUP public preview is build #17040 (September 30th 2023) (x86 only)

NOTE: Beta testers are added in a limited & subjective manner as I can only support so many people as part of the beta test program to keep it useful for my needs.

Unless I think you're going to be helpful, not all requests will be accepted but might still be later on. Remember that beta testing is to help me & the limitations currently works for my needs for this project.

Author Topic: Preferences button in the main window  (Read 3547 times)

imonomi

• Beta Tester
    • View Profile
    • Trivial Tumblr
Preferences button in the main window
« on: June 07, 2020, 08:59:51 AM »
Given how extensive the content in Preferences are in the application and how often I interact with it, I always found it a bit cumbersome to have to open the Options menu to select it. I know about the CTRL+P shortcut but I'm usually coming from another application so it would require me to select the WACUP window first anyway.

The easiest way to implement may be to add the option of having the Window lightning bolt open up the Preferences window. I definitely don't use the current options nearly as often.

dro

• Admin / WACUP Developer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • WACUP (Winamp Community Update Project)
Re: Preferences button in the main window
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2020, 11:25:14 PM »
That seems like a reasonable thing to add. Just need to work around the handling in the media library core plug-in so it can be customised.

-dro

dro

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2020, 12:41:27 PM »
Have made the changes needed to do this last night for the next build with the config option to control it now on the General prefs page (as the media library prefs option has also been removed to be part of the new one).

-dro

ww

• Beta Tester
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2020, 08:06:37 PM »
One idea would also be to somehow utilize the "thinger" plugin-in. Its still working well with WACUP
WW

Aminifu

• Beta Tester
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2020, 10:32:59 PM »
Most of the skins I use don't have the lightning bolt. I am using the Taskbar Integration plug-in (gen_win7shell.dll) which includes a WACUP Preferences command on it's context menu. For those not using this plug-in, adding a WACUP Preferences command to the default taskbar icon's context menu would be a good idea.
Windows 11 Home 64-bit v23H2
Logitech Z906 5.1 speaker system

dro

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2020, 11:56:36 PM »
Have to say I'm not all that keen on the thinger plug-in tbh as I just never felt like it was all that useful.

All classic skins support the lightning bolt & the default modern skins but then it becomes less common with 3rd party modern skins.

Adding it as an option on the taskbar preview does make sense though not sure if it'd be something to do by default or not. Also whether it should just be something for the win7shell mode or if it should be done for the basic mode (which at some point is going to be done via win7shell forced into a basic mode as it's silly of me to replace the code when I'm already using a gpl'd plug-in that does what's needed & then makes it cleaner to just hard-disable that mode in either state for those not liking it).

-dro

Aminifu

• Beta Tester
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2020, 01:50:36 AM »
I think adding WACUP preferences to the taskbar icon context menu should be an option which defaults to on.

While we're talking about win7shell, I just noticed that the option "Hide WACUP from the taskbar when its minimized ..." doesn't work.
Windows 11 Home 64-bit v23H2
Logitech Z906 5.1 speaker system