Latest restricted WACUP beta release is build #18654 (March 24th 2024) (x86 & x64 changelogs) | Latest WACUP public preview is build #17040 (September 30th 2023) (x86 only)

NOTE: Beta testers are added in a limited & subjective manner as I can only support so many people as part of the beta test program to keep it useful for my needs.

Unless I think you're going to be helpful, not all requests will be accepted but might still be later on. Remember that beta testing is to help me & the limitations currently works for my needs for this project.

Author Topic: BUG: SmartView Export (ml_exporter plugin) fails to start  (Read 3608 times)

XPloRR

• View Profile
BUG: SmartView Export (ml_exporter plugin) fails to start
« on: August 21, 2020, 09:31:44 PM »
I have about 40 SmartViews defined. I want to export them to m3u8 on a regular basis, but ml_exporter plugin does not start (library/export/smartviews/all smartviews).
I had the same problem in old winamp5. I guess when there are too many smartviews, the exporter plugin fails. When I delete my smartviews and only keep the basic, the plugin starts. Is there a workaround to export SmartViews to m3u8?

XPloRR

• View Profile
Re: BUG: SmartView Export (ml_exporter plugin) fails to start
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2020, 09:42:58 PM »
Just figured out how I can trigger this bug:
If I select the option: media library/local library/watch folders/rescan folders at startup: the ml_exporter plugin fails.
If I deselect the option: the ml_exporter plugin starts and generates the m3u8 files correctly. It seems that the database is not available or locked during scanning the folders.

dro

• Admin / WACUP Developer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • WACUP (Winamp Community Update Project)
Re: BUG: SmartView Export (ml_exporter plugin) fails to start
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2020, 04:20:42 AM »
Thanks for reporting this. I'll have a look into it though I might have to hold off making changes until the original local library plug-in is dropped for its working but incomplete replacement (mainly missing a watch folder mode & displaying artwork to be feature comparable).

As I ideally want each input plug-in to manage generating the export data rather than with an external plug-in so it should always work unlike can happen at the moment & opens up some other features needed going forward.

-dro