Playing a file is crashing WACUP after my update to Windows 10 2004

• 4 Replies

PimpUigi

• View Profile
Do I need to upload any dumps or anything? I have tried all the different sound output plugins, crashes as soon as I play a file.

dro

• Admin / WACUP Developer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • WACUP (Winamp Community Update Project)
Re: Playing a file is crashing WACUP after my update to Windows 10 2004
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2020, 01:17:37 AM »
If you've posted this a few minutes after experiencing the crashes then a quick workaround should be to disable the library history play tracking (preferences -> media library -> history -> top option).

Oddly enough I spent a large part of the previous week re-working the history tracking to resolve odd issues it's been having though I was hoping to wait another week or 2 before I push out an update (I've not yet updated to the newer Win10 revision to be able to self test it yet).

-dro

PimpUigi

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2020, 01:37:04 AM »
Stellar service Dr.O!
I imagine all the crashes I was having today were sending you reports huh?

Aminifu

• Beta Tester
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2020, 04:16:54 AM »
Hi PimpUigi,

Check the selected output device for the output plug-in you're using. I updated to Windows 10 2004 on May 31 and had the same issue until I checked the output device and saw it had been changed to Primary Sound Driver instead of the device I need to use on my system. Major Windows 10 updates like 2004 always changes the selected output device on my system for some unknown reason.
Windows 10 Home 64-bit v2004
Logitech Z906 5.1 speaker system

dro

• Admin / WACUP Developer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • WACUP (Winamp Community Update Project)
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2020, 05:47:53 AM »
Tbh I think it's mostly unfortunate timing as the history crash has been cropping up for a number of others but some setups have shown a spike in it across a number of output plug-ins being used. Though is a reasonable thing to check after a Windows update as some drivers seem to be re-installed as part of the process whilst others don't (never seen it happen directly on my setups but have seen it occur on others).

-dro