Latest restricted WACUP beta release is build #18654 (March 24th 2024) (x86 & x64 changelogs) | Latest WACUP public preview is build #17040 (September 30th 2023) (x86 only)

NOTE: Beta testers are added in a limited & subjective manner as I can only support so many people as part of the beta test program to keep it useful for my needs.

Unless I think you're going to be helpful, not all requests will be accepted but might still be later on. Remember that beta testing is to help me & the limitations currently works for my needs for this project.

Author Topic: [FIXED] A problem with the newest version (1.0.12.5500)  (Read 4588 times)

StarBank

• View Profile
[FIXED] A problem with the newest version (1.0.12.5500)
« on: May 06, 2020, 11:54:59 PM »
Apparently, an issue I forgot to mention in the other thread (my apologies for the inconvenience) is that, when I have a bunch of songs loaded in the Playlist Editor, if I execute the "Previous track" feature twice fairly fast through either the keyboard shortcut (as in pressing the keyboard key to go back to a previous track twice within one second) or through the program's main window (as in clicking the "Prevous" button twice within one second), the program will skip past the last song loaded in the Playlist Editor and go to the second-to-last song.

I don't know if that action was something that was intended to be, or if it's something that was missed when the program was being developed. Regardless, just figured I'd let you know about this one as well.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2020, 06:35:04 PM by dro »

dro

• Admin / WACUP Developer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • WACUP (Winamp Community Update Project)
Re: A problem with the newest version (1.0.12.5500)
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2020, 09:19:11 PM »
One of the beta testers has confirmed this as happening & it'll be looked into for the next build.

-dro

Mits

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2020, 07:36:09 AM »
I also tried to reproduce the problem yesterday and it looks like it will be hard to debug. I loaded 500 tracks and tried to jump around and the bug does not consistently happen all the times. The speed of clicking does not seem to be problem, while clicking after scrolling randomly through the list had some impact. (By the way, I noticed that PgUp and PgDn in the playlist behave as scroll up or down one track, is this a bug or a feature not implemented yet?)

A weird thing I noticed is that in one trial the track #12 disappeared from the playlist leaving a blank line that could not be deleted.

Aminifu

• Beta Tester
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2020, 06:16:15 PM »
You should be able to select the number of lines scrolled by PgUp and PgDn in the Playlist section of the WACUP preferences.

Does the blank line correspond to a file that doesn't have the metadata for what is supposed to be shown? Select the blank line and enter ALT+3. Did you try to delete the blank line or remove it (since these actions are not the same)?
« Last Edit: May 09, 2020, 06:22:31 PM by Aminifu »
Windows 11 Home 64-bit v23H2
Logitech Z906 5.1 speaker system

Mits

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2020, 09:01:25 AM »
Unfortunately I did not pursue the issue further (maybe I should become a beta tester, I'm still considering it) - I just deleted the list and I closed Wacup in order to make the problem go away  :-\

I am not using playlists nor media libraries at all, so such bugs are very low in my priority list... sorry SoftBank and Aminifu - I was selfish but I'll try better next time!

dro

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2020, 05:14:56 PM »
The previous action issue that I've been able to replicate should be resolved for the next build when doing multiple previous actions with the current item near the start of the playlist & repeat is disabled. Otherwise from reading the replies, multiple previous actions can effectively skip a file since it's just reacting to the actions that are being given to it.

If there is a legit weirdness still present once the next build is released then I'll need more consistent details on the repeat & shuffle states being used.

-dro

Mits

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2020, 04:21:29 PM »
I decided to see if the problem still persists with today's portable build 5586. I could not see any problems when using Directsound and NotSoDirect outputs.

When I use yasapi, too much clicking 'next' occcasionally produces two errors:

Error RingRealloc: overflow: "yasapi_ring.c" (146)

Pressing OK to that produces immediately:

Error reallocating: "yasapi_player.c" (1559)

However, after clicking OK, playback resumes normally.

My impression is that for Directsound the problem is solved.

dro

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2020, 06:34:50 PM »
I would say it's fixed for all based on feedback from the comments of others who'd checked the fix.

The output plug-in throwing messageboxes is a different matter & can imho be ignored currently.

-dro