Latest restricted WACUP beta release is build #18654 (March 24th 2024) (x86 & x64 changelogs) | Latest WACUP public preview is build #17040 (September 30th 2023) (x86 only)

NOTE: Beta testers are added in a limited & subjective manner as I can only support so many people as part of the beta test program to keep it useful for my needs.

Unless I think you're going to be helpful, not all requests will be accepted but might still be later on. Remember that beta testing is to help me & the limitations currently works for my needs for this project.

Author Topic: View the schedule calculation based on the remaining time  (Read 3301 times)

Dsalomon

• buscado herramientas por el ancho internet
    • View Profile
View the schedule calculation based on the remaining time
« on: May 02, 2020, 10:15:25 PM »
It is possible to add a real-time display, regardless of the redundancy of the remaining time and the calculation of the system time in each element of the playlist, as well as a total.
I leave an attached image to exemplify the idea, thank you for your attention.

Es posible añadir una visualización en tiempo real valga la redundancia del tiempo restante y el cálculo de la hora del sistema en cada elemento de la lista de reproducción, así como de un total.
Dejo una imagen adjunta para ejemplificar la idea, gracias por su atención.

Mits

• View Profile
Re: View the schedule calculation based on the remaining time
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2020, 04:28:33 PM »
Just to clarify, from your image I understand that you would like to replace 'relative time' with absolute time (PC clock time), in order to know when a track or a playlist is expected to end. I think that would be useful for people making broadcasts and wanting to relate the length of their show with the expected (real) time of the day it will finish. Right?

To my knowledge there is no music (or video) player app in the market able to do that. I think programmatically it is not hard to implement, but my guess is that only professionals would find such a feature helpful (unless Wacup users have more ideas). Thinking about it, if Wacup gets such a feature, it could perhaps allow it to also act as a sleep/wakeup music clock: you could instruct it to play music until the time you fall asleep and start playing again in the morning (possibly hibernating the PC and waking it up in the morning and starting playback, as another user implied in https://getwacup.com/community/index.php/topic,769.0.html).

dro

• Admin / WACUP Developer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • WACUP (Winamp Community Update Project)
Re: View the schedule calculation based on the remaining time
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2020, 10:42:16 PM »
For the request it can be looked into but not for the time being as until I can patch out some aspects of the modern skin engine to have more control over what is able to be displayed.

@Mits: there's already a basic timed scheduler in the WACUP builds ;)

-dro