Latest restricted WACUP beta release is build #18654 (March 24th 2024) (x86 & x64 changelogs) | Latest WACUP public preview is build #17040 (September 30th 2023) (x86 only)

NOTE: Beta testers are added in a limited & subjective manner as I can only support so many people as part of the beta test program to keep it useful for my needs.

Unless I think you're going to be helpful, not all requests will be accepted but might still be later on. Remember that beta testing is to help me & the limitations currently works for my needs for this project.

Author Topic: Why I'm still not become a tester of WACUP?  (Read 20022 times)

leosh

• View Profile
Why I'm still not become a tester of WACUP?
« on: January 18, 2017, 03:13:09 AM »
I've sent the message to dro. :-[
« Last Edit: April 25, 2017, 03:55:29 AM by dro »

dro

• Admin / WACUP Developer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • WACUP (Winamp Community Update Project)
Re: Why I'm still not become a tester of WACUP?
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2017, 04:28:02 AM »
I'll reply here rather than via PM in-case it's useful for anyone else later on...

I tend to either action the beta requests either as a batch lot (like was done after the site issues of the prior week) or within a few days depending on when it was received, what else is going on, how many requests there are and just what my spider senses give me over the style of the request received.

As I'm trying to get a new beta finished off before the current one expires around the start of next week, I'm holding off adding new requests until that build is ready as there's still a fair bit to do and so hopefully understandably I've not been as hot on the non-coding aspects (especially after the site issues, etc of last week that messed up my plans).

In your case with the request made on Sunday, you would have had a response by the end of tomorrow (or today as it's pretty much into the 18th for me now) explaining this but as I saw the post just before I was stopping for the night I've obviously now taken the time to reply this way instead (sleep is overrated anyway I'm told  :) ).

-dro
« Last Edit: October 20, 2017, 03:06:52 PM by dro »

dro

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2017, 10:52:55 PM »
For those who've requested beta access over the last month or so, all valid requests will be actioned in time for the next WACUP beta build. This is due to there being enough changes in the next beta build and time having passed to make it not as helpful from my side of the fence to have more people trying out the current beta build.

Just wanted to acknowledge that for those wondering what might (or might not) be going on when it comes to new requests for testing out WACUP beta builds.

-dro

dro

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2017, 09:36:18 PM »
All valid beta requests are now being processed (a little bit later than I'd planned) and should be completed within a few hours of this post being made.

[edit]
All direct requests that I've logged have now been actioned. If you think you've been missed or just want to get involved, please send me a PM.

-dro
« Last Edit: April 25, 2017, 03:55:17 AM by dro »

tsunami2311

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2017, 08:05:44 PM »
 while i not big on being beta tester for anything these days , I am curious as how much long this gona be in beta testing?  I dont see an offical new winamp being released any time still so this is still the work here is best bet still.

Not that 5.66 dont work cause it does, it would just be nice to have working album cover system

dro

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2017, 02:33:01 PM »
while i not big on being beta tester for anything these days , I am curious as how much long this gona be in beta testing?
If my plan had worked, it would have been around a year ago (from the time of this reply). I cannot really give a specific date as there's a few big pieces of the puzzle that need to be filled in. I'd like to think I'll have something that is non-beta in the early part of 2018 though beta builds will remain part of the process when non-beta builds do arrive.

I dont see an offical new winamp being released any time still so this is still the work here is best bet still.
Even if there was an official development team (nothing indicates that this is the case or has been the case since not long after I first started on WACUP), it's really down to the community as to whether or not Winamp (and WACUP for that matter) keeps being used and seeing anything new added for it or just the means to keep it working.

The 5.666 release (apart from a few things that can be resolved with patches) overall is stable and is something I'm grateful I was able to help produce as a final release from the AOL time scale. However a lot of things were started on with the 5.64-5.666 releases (a lot that was done in my spare time with the things that were being done for the Winamp Cloud product) and it'd be nice either by me or from other plug-ins to see those things finally implemented.

Not that 5.66 dont work cause it does, it would just be nice to have working album cover system
What's the specific issue you're having with album covers?

-dro

demonoidmaster

• Beta Tester
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2017, 12:26:54 PM »
Good to know about how you process peoples requests in batches per newer beta build, i too had come here to get back to using Winamp by using this and if the only thing that's important is that i beta test and report any bugs or stuff then I'm perfectly fine with it since it's important. Anyways I'll wait to be accepted, as i had sent you a pm about maybe uh i think a week ago or something :)

tsunami2311

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2017, 09:19:41 PM »
What's the specific issue you're having with album covers?

-dro

Wrong album covers on wrong songs some dont have album covers and general when i try to put image in for mp3, it just cause crashes. and that is on the winamp5666_full_en-us_redux which should be with fixes added to it, if I were willing to use other players like aimp or windows media player it would put the have correct album covers on all files and albums.  maybe i just missing or somthing something worng

Dont get me wrong i love winamp and tried many other players and always came back to winamp. and I am glad someone is continue work on on it i will continue to use winamp till the day it no longer works hopefull that day never happens.

I look foward to seeing all your work going live for the love the winamp community  and winamp
« Last Edit: July 31, 2017, 09:32:37 PM by tsunami2311 »

dro

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 31, 2017, 09:56:57 PM »
Wrong album covers on wrong songs some dont have album covers and general when i try to put image in for mp3, it just cause crashes. and that is on the winamp5666_full_en-us_redux which should be with fixes added to it, if I were willing to use other players like aimp or windows media player it would put the have correct album covers on all files and albums.  maybe i just missing or somthing something worng
The look-up issues are typically due to a number of intentional reasons which in 5.666 aren't configurable but is with wacup (see attachment). So it's possible that some of those rules are being matched when in your usage isn't wanted. It's also possible for minor tagging issues to cause issues but the rules matching is the most likely reason.

With the crash on that action, I've not been able to replicate it but I would like to re-work that action since there's a number of things on there that just aren't really needed and it could I believe be made a bit easier to use (going more towards the mp3tag way of dealing with album art). Though that would be part of a whole batch of work that I want to do regarding tag handling to resolve some issues related to that and how it all works in-general.

-dro
« Last Edit: July 31, 2017, 10:14:52 PM by dro »

dro

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 10, 2017, 10:36:42 PM »
As I've finally put out a new beta build (https://getwacup.com/blog/index.php/2017/11/10/wacup-beta-build-1988/), I will be working through the pending beta tester requests I've received over the last few months and should have the backlog cleared by the end of the 13th (Monday).

My apologies for those who've included any additional messages in their beta tester requests & not had a response as the requests get filtered to a pending folder when received. Alas this release cycle hasn't been the smoothest & took longer than I'd expected it to be but I hope this newer build moves things on in a good way from where it was with the prior build.

-dro

dro

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 14, 2017, 04:07:56 PM »
All of the valid beta tester requests have been actioned with either access granted or rejected with details to re-submit the correct way (as I'd found a pool of requests from a forum mode I wasn't aware off 🙄). Anyone requesting to become a beta tester and using the 'add to group' option (I've still to find out where that appears as a user) will get a rejection and a message to send a PM to me instead - doing it via a PM (even if it can be slow at times) is the correct way to be considered.

-dro

krisch316

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 13, 2018, 02:49:35 AM »
I would like to get on board as a beta tester.  I've been using Winamp for years having no idea this existed.  I still use winamp when I DJ weddings for dinner/cocktail hours as I can manipulate the program well enough for automatic volume changes and such.  Let me know what to do to get involved.  Thanks.

hanschke

• Beta Tester
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 13, 2018, 12:17:17 PM »
I am too :D

dro

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 13, 2018, 10:30:00 PM »
krisch316: as long as you've followed the instructions from this site's homepage then when beta testing resumes when the next beta build finally appears then all valid requests will be actioned (I've recently made some changes to how I deal with such requests which will make things quicker & easier for me to manage / apply when I've sorted out the build).

hanschke: that looks like a username I think I recognise...

-dro

elberrykm13

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 21, 2018, 04:54:48 AM »
I pm the admin here and haven't heard a word back. How do you get into this project?
Thanks.