Latest restricted WACUP beta release is build #18654 (March 24th 2024) (x86 & x64 changelogs) | Latest WACUP public preview is build #17040 (September 30th 2023) (x86 only)

NOTE: Beta testers are added in a limited & subjective manner as I can only support so many people as part of the beta test program to keep it useful for my needs.

Unless I think you're going to be helpful, not all requests will be accepted but might still be later on. Remember that beta testing is to help me & the limitations currently works for my needs for this project.

Author Topic: Podcast RSS bug  (Read 3697 times)

joebloggscity

• Beta Tester
    • View Profile
Podcast RSS bug
« on: March 25, 2020, 12:25:50 PM »
hi

This new WACUP is excellent and solves a few problems with the old podcast directory in the old winamp

However, it is having problems with some RSS feeds, for example:
http://www.lse.ac.uk/resources/podcasts/rss/publicLecturesAndEvents.rss
http://www.lse.ac.uk/assets/richmedia/webFeeds/publicLecturesAndEvents_iTunesStore.xml

any help is much appreciated.

thx

dro

• Admin / WACUP Developer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • WACUP (Winamp Community Update Project)
Re: Podcast RSS bug
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2020, 01:43:05 PM »
I assume you're getting a "The provided link does not contain valid RSS information" message when trying to add them?

I'll have a proper look in a bit as the first link appears to just re-direct to the second one from a quick check.

-dro

dro

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2020, 02:04:05 PM »
I'm going to have to wait a bit before I try again as they've either temporarily blocked me or the site is having issues.

However what I could briefly see is that something was going wrong with the download & a possible mismatch in what's reported to be downloaded vs what can be downloaded (which will generate the error that I was seeing).

-dro

dro

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2020, 02:17:01 PM »
Ok, it was a temporary site issue.

Have got it fixed for the next build as there wasn't the XML declaration preset that's checked to see if what the user has entered might be an appropriate url to attempt to download. I've changed the checks to look also for just the RSS declaration & that then gets it working :)

-dro

joebloggscity

• Beta Tester
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2020, 03:29:10 PM »
Thank you very much, much appreciated.

I've been a user of Winamp for around 20 years, and will make a donation to the development of this.

Got a few further questions, but will revert to you all on this one.

thx

dro

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2020, 10:57:15 PM »
Got a few further questions
Ask away :)

-dro