Latest restricted WACUP beta release is build #18798 (April 7th 2024) (x86 & x64 changelogs) | Latest WACUP public preview is build #17040 (September 30th 2023) (x86 only)

NOTE: Beta testers are added in a limited & subjective manner as I can only support so many people as part of the beta test program to keep it useful for my needs.

Unless I think you're going to be helpful, not all requests will be accepted but might still be later on. Remember that beta testing is to help me & the limitations currently works for my needs for this project.

Author Topic: [CHANGES MADE] Bug with taskbar enable/disable?  (Read 3784 times)

Moonshiki

• Beta Tester
    • View Profile
[CHANGES MADE] Bug with taskbar enable/disable?
« on: March 09, 2020, 09:31:02 PM »
Hi,
I have used a previous version of Wacup (1.0.8.4346) for quite a while without any problem, until a little while ago I got an update notification.
After updating, I noticed a weird issue that was not present before and I spent around 1 hour trying to find out what happened or what setting might have changed to cause it.

However, it seems like the settings that I used did not change, and i finally found out how to reproduce what happens.

When i set the preferences for General/Taskbar to NOT show Wacup in the taskbar, each time I minimize it to the notification area I will get the left part of the titlebar to show in the lower left corner of my main display.
This part of the titlebar will be skinned according to the currently active skin, but it will always be the same size no matter if double size is enabled on the main window or not.

Is this something known, and if not do you need any additional description of what is happening? When agree to have wacup show up in the taskbar (which i hate) the bar in the lower left corner will NOT appear upon minimizing.

This is how what I mean looks like:

https://imgur.com/a/W5lXKIh

Edit, PS: This is on Win7
« Last Edit: May 07, 2020, 04:34:24 AM by dro »

dro

• Admin / WACUP Developer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • WACUP (Winamp Community Update Project)
Re: Bug with taskbar enable/disable?
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2020, 02:29:36 AM »
I'm not seeing the issue in the image but the behavioural change I think relates to me taking over some more of the taskbar related handling & that not correctly emulating how Winamp was doing things.

Oddly enough this was raised via Discord on Sunday as it manifests normally as it not disappearing from the taskbar which I've added back in for the next build along with an option to control which behaviour is wanted. There has also been some cases where even when it is correctly minimised that parts of the hidden main window will appear on the screen but I believe that change should be what's needed for the issue raised :)

-dro

Moonshiki

• Beta Tester
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2020, 12:37:54 PM »
I don't understand what you mean by not seeing the issue in the image, I'll try to make it clearer :)
This is the skin I am using for my winamp:

http://kickbutts.tripod.com/images/receiver.jpg

When minimizing to notification area without having it being listed in taskbar, in version 1.0.8.4346 which I used previously, the skinned mainwindow just disappears from view normally.

In the new version, it will take the top left area of the winamp window and display that in the lower left corner of the screen. It appears to be the same width as what a taskbar entry would be, and the same height as a normal windows titlebar would be. That is what I showed in the picture linked in the original post :)

It seems that you have an idea what is causing it or how to include a workaround so I will wait to see if it can be prevented from doing that in the next version. Thanks!

dro

• Admin / WACUP Developer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • WACUP (Winamp Community Update Project)
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2020, 01:07:12 PM »
The images were perfectly clear on what's going wrong & what I'm saying is that on my Win7 VM I just cannot see the issue myself with the minimised main window appearing. Why it doesn't appear I cannot say but my belief is a change I made last night should get things back to the Winamp-like behaviour. Though I've done it as an option as I personally prefer it not disappearing from the taskbar.

-dro