Latest restricted WACUP beta release is build #18654 (March 24th 2024) (x86 & x64 changelogs) | Latest WACUP public preview is build #17040 (September 30th 2023) (x86 only)

NOTE: Beta testers are added in a limited & subjective manner as I can only support so many people as part of the beta test program to keep it useful for my needs.

Unless I think you're going to be helpful, not all requests will be accepted but might still be later on. Remember that beta testing is to help me & the limitations currently works for my needs for this project.

Author Topic: [RESOLVED | DISABLE GEN_WIN10SHELL.DLL] Bluetooth Headset & Auto Pause  (Read 3729 times)

TheFonz

• Beta Tester
    • View Profile
My bluetooth headphones have an auto pause function if they are removed from my ears. The only problem is one of the buds is malfunctioning and thinks I've removed the ear bud when I haven't.
This causes WACUP to pause. In WinAMP OG it would not auto pause.
I am trying to find the setting to stop this from happening, I can't find it anywhere, nothing is jumping out at me - Hopefully there is such a setting I can disable.
(on Windows 10)

Cheers
« Last Edit: February 21, 2020, 12:49:19 AM by dro »

dro

• Admin / WACUP Developer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • WACUP (Winamp Community Update Project)
Re: Bluetooth Headset & Auto Pause
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2019, 10:45:50 PM »
What output plug-in are you using under WACUP? As it's not something I'm aware of being directly coded into WACUP (especially if out_ds is the plug-in being used which hasn't been altered from what 5.666 uses) & it might be more down to the output plug-in &/or how the interaction with the OS/audio driver works.

Alternatively it might require selecting the specific device in the output plug-in config but I'm not sure what else is going on as I've no bluetooth devices to even try to replicate the issue.

-dro

TheFonz

• Beta Tester
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2020, 11:24:56 PM »
I only have Nullsoft DirectSound Output v2.64 (out_ds.dll) enabled and bluetooth is still pausing WACUP.
Not sure what else I can do :(

dro

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2020, 03:20:42 PM »
I don't know either unless there's some OS / driver option or somehow a compatibility mode is being applied without realising. Maybe someone else who uses bluetooth can help out.

-dro

TheFonz

• Beta Tester
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2020, 12:23:21 AM »
Resolution is to disable gen_win10shell from the General Purpose plugins.

dro

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2020, 12:48:55 AM »
Specifically what's going on is that the bluetooth device/driver when the issue occurs is triggering an OS wide notification of a playback change event & because WACUP has the means to detect & handle that (via the gen_win10shell.dll plug-in), that's why it would react & a Winamp install won't (since it doesn't support the API involved).

Main thing is we finally worked out what was going on :)

-dro