Favicon

• 4 Replies

leminsc8

• Beta Tester
    • View Profile
    • - creativ art by phsyicalhalluc -
Favicon
« on: February 23, 2020, 05:08:38 PM »
i wish a standard nativ whit and a black icon for a nice minimalistic windows 10 integration from WACUP-Project
Notfivtion Area >

looks like png file

Gordon Freeman

• Wannabe Modern Skinner
  • Beta Tester
    • View Profile
    • Nullsoft Winamp 2000 SP4
Re: Favicon
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2020, 12:06:59 PM »
so instead of sticking out like everyone else does, or used to, you want to opt for a boring minimalistic bolt that shows no qualities whatsoever?

dro

• Admin / WACUP Developer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • WACUP (Winamp Community Update Project)
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2020, 01:13:55 PM »
Since there's support for custom notification area icons (though I need to re-fix it with the recent beta builds) by dropping a winamp.ico into the root of the WACUP settings folder, I don't think it's necessarily something I need to directly include within WACUP.

If someone wants to make such an icon from the WACUP design (I quickly tried to do it & it looked awful) that is keeping with the outlined Win10 style then I'm fine to see that done & ensure it's made available on here but I'd have to see it to decide if I wanted to consider to include it.

-dro

leminsc8

• Beta Tester
    • View Profile
    • - creativ art by phsyicalhalluc -
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2020, 11:02:14 AM »
so instead of sticking out like everyone else does, or used to, you want to opt for a boring minimalistic bolt that shows no qualities whatsoever?
Buty is in the eye of the beholder. I think there is no question who is the winner here. ore how do you see?
currently there are 14 icons available in wacup. over 90% are in my eyes anything but exciting or beautiful. why not add 1 new one which is next to the latest winamp and wacup icon? i think is a modern minimalistic icon which fits well into Windows 10. I would like to emphasize that this is just a native icon next to the existing ones of the selection.

Since there's support for custom notification area icons (though I need to re-fix it with the recent beta builds) by dropping a winamp.ico into the root of the WACUP settings folder, I don't think it's necessarily something I need to directly include within WACUP.

If someone wants to make such an icon from the WACUP design (I quickly tried to do it & it looked awful) that is keeping with the outlined Win10 style then I'm fine to see that done & ensure it's made available on here but I'd have to see it to decide if I wanted to consider to include it.

-dro
I will gladly finish some designs. But this could take a while.
Is there currently a free vector design I can play with? i will use this https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Winamp_2014.svg
 I already have some nice ideas.
PS: Is there some background knowledge about the logo to get a feel for my designs?
« Last Edit: March 01, 2020, 12:27:06 PM by leminsc8 »

dro

• Admin / WACUP Developer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • WACUP (Winamp Community Update Project)
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2020, 04:13:05 PM »
The icons that are present at the moment are those that come from what Winamp 5.666 & earlier provided & yes they're mostly not all that great but  I don't see much point in removing them as it will break compatibility in that area.

Hence the support to manually set an icon is there but it probably needs to be made more obvious.

Depending on what it looks like then I might consider including it. Victhor might have SVG of the icon otherwise the large 512px version is at https://getwacup.com/WACUP_logo_512.png or even better (now that I've remembered) there's https://getwacup.com/community/index.php/topic,487.0.html though depending on the styling I've found it has issues being scaled down to a small size (32x32px is normal for the notification area though high-dpi scaling might get it to use a 64x64px icon but that needs to be at 200% scaling from how it looked when I last played around with such things).

-dro
« Last Edit: March 05, 2020, 04:26:57 PM by dro »