Latest restricted WACUP beta release is build #18654 (March 24th 2024) (x86 & x64 changelogs) | Latest WACUP public preview is build #17040 (September 30th 2023) (x86 only)

NOTE: Beta testers are added in a limited & subjective manner as I can only support so many people as part of the beta test program to keep it useful for my needs.

Unless I think you're going to be helpful, not all requests will be accepted but might still be later on. Remember that beta testing is to help me & the limitations currently works for my needs for this project.

Author Topic: Big Bento Modern Layout Request & Help  (Read 10112 times)

kasperke

• View Profile
Big Bento Modern Layout Request & Help
« on: February 18, 2020, 09:00:34 PM »
Hi all ...... and what can i say...this Wacup project is incredible.

I'm a winamp user from the early years and still use it today.

I've been using the Big bento skin on the original winamp and i'm really impressed from what it became now. Super impressiv.

But i miss a few things, maybe someone can help me.

THis is my playing screen with big bento on the original winamp.   Its perfect except the small player..i can not set it on double size.  I just need a volume slider cause i play many oldies also so i want to play with the volume while playing music.
And i just need a playlist that stays long at the side so i can choose what i want to play next while enjoying the visuals in the middle pane of AVS.
see screenshot from the original big bento.....almost perfect.

Now with the new big bento for wacup..i like everything except i miss a dedicated slider for playing with the volume while playing music. And i have no idea how the get a 3 pane version like left side the shortcuts, middle pane the visualisation and right side the playlist.
top left the player, top right the info panel is perfect.

see screenshot

And how do i get The AVS visualisation istead of milkdrop.... AVS is so much better ;-)

Thx in advance

Juanus

• Beta Tester
    • View Profile
Re: Big Bento Modern Layout Request & Help
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2020, 09:39:11 PM »
Hey Friend. Welcome to the project.
Two steps will get you all settled.
Picture 1: Click on the Skin Settings > Playlist > Turn Off Show Playlist Tab
Picture 2: Click on VIEW at the top
Check Playlist Editor
UnCheck Waveform Seeker

dro

• Admin / WACUP Developer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • WACUP (Winamp Community Update Project)
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2020, 10:35:09 PM »
And how do i get The AVS visualisation istead of milkdrop.... AVS is so much better ;-)
It definitely crashes more than Milkdrop so it wins on that count & is why it's not included with WACUP out of the box.

You can manually get the plug-in either from a 5.666 install or one of the archives online (e.g. visbot I believe has it).

Alternatively the next WACUP preview build (is already present in the recent beta builds) has an option to download a couple of versions of AVS (not the presets however) so you can hopefully find one that'll work correctly (or at least less likely to crash) compared to the others.

-dro
« Last Edit: February 18, 2020, 11:02:22 PM by dro »

kasperke

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2020, 11:16:11 AM »
Wow..that was quick.

@Juanus : i just want the playlist...i don't want the media library. I always load my playlist with the + add tab at the bottom in playlist. ... so i just want 3 panes left the shortcuts (media library, playlist,video,  visualisation etc) then in the middle the visualisations or the playlist and in the left pane visualisation or playlist.  So a 3 pane windows with shortcuts, visualisation and playlist...nothing more ....is that possible?

@dro ...you are correct..it crashes more but i have all 2700+ presets for avs ;-) i think the clue will be to get the ones that work well ;-) i also have the 5.666 installed with several plugins. Tried to copy and paste the avs but that didin't worked;)
Yes a saw visbot a few days ago on a webiste somewhere..i have to look it up again..thx

still a few questions
-is there a way to get the lyricks automatic showing in wacup ...my daughter of eight is learning english for the first time:-)
-i also have a oldtimer with a cassette player..so i have a dedicated cassette deck to record them...do you now how i can normalise (same output audio volume) the volume level for all sonsgs so i can record a playlist.

victhor

• View Profile
    • Victhor Deviantart
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2020, 02:42:46 PM »
i just want the playlist...i don't want the media library. I always load my playlist with the + add tab at the bottom in playlist. ... so i just want 3 panes left the shortcuts (media library, playlist,video,  visualisation etc) then in the middle the visualisations or the playlist and in the left pane visualisation or playlist.  So a 3 pane windows with shortcuts, visualisation and playlist...nothing more ....is that possible?

Check my screenshot:

1. Click it to send the Playlist to the right side
2. This will set the visualizer for the main area (this whole area is the same as the Tabs in Bento, it's vertical instead of Horizontal)
3. You'll have to click this to have the volume pop-up and don't move your mouse outside of that region so it won't hide. Sadly that's your only option here, stick the pop-up opened is not possible at the moment.

kasperke

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2020, 05:37:41 PM »
This screenshot is almost the perfect player for me. Sorry...i hope you can read my bad not native handwriting;-)
btw i'm from belgium and i just read that a belgian company took over Winamp...just give me there adres and i will personnally go ask what the problem is why nothing moves there.

victhor

• View Profile
    • Victhor Deviantart
« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2020, 10:03:23 PM »
Oh, you're basically expecting a new skin, that won't happen anytime soon (mainly the top-right part where you point out an EQ / Lyrics box). In the meantime you can get as close as you were with original Bento if you follow my instructions depicted on the screenshot of my previous message. Cheers!

kasperke

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2020, 08:40:22 AM »
Oh, you're basically expecting a new skin, that won't happen anytime soon (mainly the top-right part where you point out an EQ / Lyrics box). In the meantime you can get as close as you were with original Bento if you follow my instructions depicted on the screenshot of my previous message. Cheers!

Oh no, i'm expecting nothing...just curious if it was possible. I'm no programmer so i have no idea how easy or difficult it is to change a skin. For me Winamp is a player..not an organiser, so the stuff thats important to play songs and enjoy it have to be in the main screen like my screenshot.
Like you said : the original bento was the way i played music for years, but i like the look of the new modern version. You know...if you ask nothing, you will get nothing....etc ;-)

But Top Kudo's for the new modern version.

Juanus

• Beta Tester
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2020, 12:57:53 PM »
Please explain how the settings we have mentioned for you to follow do not meet your needs? It will mimic your screen shot perfectly with the new skin.

Abhijit A

• Beta Tester
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 20, 2020, 03:07:45 PM »
If you follow steps given by Juanus & Victhor,you will get exactly what you need except a better volume control. You can change volume by clicking volume icon in player area then changing the volume or by using mouse scroll wheel when mouse is in player area.
for Visualization in player area  increase player area width, it will also show classic visualizer, changing on mouse click spectrum analyzer & oscilloscope as was in classic skin.

1. - Click and drag to right till you see visualization.
2. you can hide/show tab text

note:- i have hidden album art below playlist, you can enable it as well. Skin in screenshot is Big Bento Modern Windows 10 Edition Light 1.1.5 by Victhor (any BBM by Victhor will behave same)
« Last Edit: February 20, 2020, 03:14:20 PM by abhijitat »

kasperke

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 20, 2020, 05:08:20 PM »
oogh guys..you're all great...slowly i'm shaping this to my favorite player again. 

still need a lyrics plugin and i'm a happy camper.

Abhijit A

• Beta Tester
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 20, 2020, 05:29:07 PM »
you can download the one and install

https://www.lyricsplugin.com/

download for winamp. ensure to change install directory to "C:\Program Files (x86)\WACUP" or folder you installed WACUP.

it will be separate window. you can dock it to main BBM, then it will move with WACUP when you move BBM main window

kasperke

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 21, 2020, 02:55:17 PM »
last question..can i save this view ..cause it always change back to original as i restart the player

dro

• Admin / WACUP Developer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • WACUP (Winamp Community Update Project)
« Reply #13 on: February 21, 2020, 03:18:17 PM »
What exactly do you mean by "change back to original" ?

-dro

kasperke

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 21, 2020, 03:49:43 PM »
problem solved.....now it stays in the same config when i restart te player.

btw all my albums are in seperate directories with a folder.jpg as the coverfile. Is this coverview possible in big bento?