Latest restricted WACUP beta release is build #18654 (March 24th 2024) (x86 & x64 changelogs) | Latest WACUP public preview is build #17040 (September 30th 2023) (x86 only)

NOTE: Beta testers are added in a limited & subjective manner as I can only support so many people as part of the beta test program to keep it useful for my needs.

Unless I think you're going to be helpful, not all requests will be accepted but might still be later on. Remember that beta testing is to help me & the limitations currently works for my needs for this project.

Author Topic: Big Bento Modern Skin Not Working  (Read 3802 times)

toadmario64

• View Profile
Big Bento Modern Skin Not Working
« on: April 18, 2020, 03:58:42 AM »
Hey, I'm kinda new to WACUP, so please excuse me if this is a common issue or something, but my big bento skin keeps showing pink spots where the textures should be, and before rebooting it would tell me pieces of it were missing or something (Sorry, don't have a screenshot for that :()

ariszlo

• View Profile
Re: Big Bento Modern Skin Not Working
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2020, 09:51:27 PM »
Pink spots indicate missing elements. It looks as if you had installed the light version without the standard version. The light versions rely on the standard versions. They become pink without them.
Ariszló @ WinCustomize & DeviantArt

dro

• Admin / WACUP Developer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • WACUP (Winamp Community Update Project)
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2020, 12:49:35 AM »
It can also occur due to the Modern skin engine just not liking a setup & effectively failing but not getting to the point of crashing. Sometimes other programs running which then inject their dlls into the running process have been known to cause such issues.

I assume this is happening against preview build 5144 ? Either way may I suggest just re-running the current WACUP installer to rule out it being due to missing skin files.

One other thing to try is to see if one of the other modern skins provided with WACUP behaves or not.

-dro

victhor

• View Profile
    • Victhor Deviantart
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2020, 03:29:09 AM »
oh I never noticed this one.. too late now but it totally looks like he must have just changed the name of the skin folder, which is not allowed due to the skin having codependent files between light and dark versions, as Ariszlo noted (though it's not the light version shown on the screenshot).
« Last Edit: July 18, 2020, 07:17:29 PM by victhor »