Queuing with JTFE from media library

• 2 Replies

etsaman

• Beta Tester
    • View Profile
Queuing with JTFE from media library
« on: January 20, 2020, 04:43:06 PM »
Hi DrO,

1st question : is there a way to "queue" to JTFE directly from the media library or via a command line?

What I'm trying to accomplish here is to "queue" a song that is contained within my file structure but not present in the current playlist.
Since I'm calling this from an external program (home automation - Homeseer), it has to be as simple as possible.

My current workaround, is to "add to playlist", monitor the number of entries in the playlist and once it detects a new entry, it emulates keystrokes ("End" then a bunch of "down") so the focus is on the last line of the playlist and press "Q"; not the most elegant way to do it, but it's the only way I found so far.

The current behavior in the media library:

"Enqueue"=add to playlist
"Send to" / "add to queue" = add to playlist

would essentially need something like "add to JTFE" instead; or a way to do it via a command line call.

2- Can you confirm where JTFE stores its queue list so we could potentially access it from Homeseer for external display purposes?
(found gen_jumpex.m3u8 in the C:\Users\Admin\AppData\Roaming\Winamp folder but seems empty)

3- Are there WMcommands or other ways to interact with JTFE externally? (queue to JTFE, access the Queue, move entries up/down, etc)

Thanks for your help!

Yann

« Last Edit: January 20, 2020, 05:35:46 PM by etsaman »

dro

• Admin / WACUP Developer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • WACUP (Winamp Community Update Project)
Re: Queuing with JTFE from media library
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2020, 03:30:10 PM »
1) Prefs -> Playlist -> Jump to File -> Media Library tab -> queue manager view needs to be enabled. That will allow add to queue & other related options on the send-to menu though it's not enabled by default & is something I want to change later on so the send-to feature isn't dependent upon the media library core plug-in (gen_ml.dll) being present.

2) When it's running there isn't a static copy to view & the file you've found is only used when closing & the option to remember the queue is enabled. However it's an implementation detail which I had been looking to change as part of other consolidation & general clean-up with the jtfe mode moving from being a specific plug-in to part of the wacup core.

3) Not that works at the moment as its dependent upon me finishing off the file association / shell integration support & not having Winamp's original code running so the hacks that I'd had to use up to 5.666 aren't needed (none of that code is enabled under WACUP).

-dro

etsaman

• Beta Tester
    • View Profile
Re: Queuing with JTFE from media library
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2020, 04:19:34 PM »
1) both of these "queue" features add the file to the "playlist editor" you then have to manually go in the playlist editor and press Q....
What I'm looking for is to "JTFE queue" the file directly from the library (same as pressing "Q" in playlist editor), or even better, straight from windows explorer context menu or winamp's command line.

2) and 3) fingers crossed for progress on these two as I had to build complex macros to achieve very simple tasks....

Really love JTFE but really need a way to access it easily from my Android devices and/or automate it via simple commands. (Homeseer)

Thanks again for all your support,
Cheers!
« Last Edit: February 19, 2020, 04:23:22 PM by etsaman »