Chromecast Support

• 2 Replies

TheFonz

• Beta Tester
    • View Profile
Chromecast Support
« on: January 07, 2020, 03:51:01 AM »
Ability to cast audio directly to a Chromecast device would be excellent. I cannot find a way to do this currently...
I am currently using Rouge Amoeba's AirFoil which has since been discontinued from development, which sucks.

dro

• Admin / WACUP Developer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • WACUP (Winamp Community Update Project)
Re: Chromecast Support
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2020, 03:43:39 PM »
The last time I looked, there's no formal way for a standard Windows program to do it as you either need to be within Chrome or a Android/iOS app.

I know VLC apparently added an unofficial mode but I've not tried it nor does it seem to be done in a manner that would allow it to be used as a library by other programs (unless anything has changed since I last looked).

Maybe I've missed something as really we'd just need to get the WACUP streaming server output accessed from the chromecast device but it's how to get that working which if there is a sensible way of doing it then I would be willing to support it.

-dro

TheFonz

• Beta Tester
    • View Profile
Re: Chromecast Support
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2020, 09:53:15 PM »
Maybe I've missed something as really we'd just need to get the WACUP streaming server output accessed from the chromecast device but it's how to get that working which if there is a sensible way of doing it then I would be willing to support it.

-dro

This is what I've been trying to do, but I don't know how to send the audio to the chromecast device from windows.