Latest restricted WACUP beta release is build #18916 (April 18th 2024) (x86 & x64 changelogs) | Latest WACUP public preview is build #18916 (April 18th 2024) (x86 only)

NOTE: Beta testers are added in a limited & subjective manner as I can only support so many people as part of the beta test program to keep it useful for my needs.

Unless I think you're going to be helpful, not all requests will be accepted but might still be later on. Remember that beta testing is to help me & the limitations currently works for my needs for this project.

Author Topic: WACUP can't connect to a stream Winamp plays fine  (Read 1407 times)

EliMCGamerGuy

• View Profile
WACUP can't connect to a stream Winamp plays fine
« on: November 12, 2021, 08:43:59 PM »
About a month ago (or two, I'm not completely sure) I added an audio stream to my WACUP and everything played OK, but recently they updated it and it's URLs and WACUP could no longer connect to it. I went to their website and grabbed the updated URL, but WACUP still couldn't connect to it. After fiddling with WACUP for about half an hour I decided to try the URL with Winamp and it plays just fine. what do I have different that could stop WACUP from connecting to the stream? here's the URL to the stream if you want to try it out yourself:

https://video1.getstreamhosting.com:8202/stream

It is a local (at least for me) Christian radio station.
Right now I can play it just fine through Winamp, but I would still like to know how to make WACUP work with it so I don't have to have what looks like two Winamps open at the same time.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2021, 08:46:08 PM by EliMCGamerGuy »

dro

• Admin / WACUP Developer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • WACUP (Winamp Community Update Project)
Re: WACUP can't connect to a stream Winamp plays fine
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2021, 09:13:40 PM »
I can't get WACUP nor a plain 5.666 install (the only Winamp install I have installed) to play it & it seems to be due to an enforced use of the HTTPS version of the stream from the Icecast server that is providing the stream. Alas I don't know enough about Icecast to know if there's a parameter or something else I can set to help it provide an HTTP only version of the stream.

Currently I'm not near to having even a basic solution available to be able to drop the in_mp3 plug-in from 5.666 which WACUP is still reliant upon using for such stream playback & it's that plug-in which is ultimately responsible for the lack of working HTTPS support needed to play such streams.

-dro

EliMCGamerGuy

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2021, 12:34:48 AM »
Winamp 5.8 (the Winamp I have installed) seems to play it just fine, don't have 5.6 so I can't test that.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2021, 12:41:31 AM by EliMCGamerGuy »

dro

• Admin / WACUP Developer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • WACUP (Winamp Community Update Project)
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2021, 12:48:58 AM »
You'll have to use the 5.8 beta then as I refuse on principle to install it & I can't offer an eta for when I'll have my replacement plug-in implemented.

-dro