Latest restricted WACUP beta release is build #18654 (March 24th 2024) (x86 & x64 changelogs) | Latest WACUP public preview is build #17040 (September 30th 2023) (x86 only)

NOTE: Beta testers are added in a limited & subjective manner as I can only support so many people as part of the beta test program to keep it useful for my needs.

Unless I think you're going to be helpful, not all requests will be accepted but might still be later on. Remember that beta testing is to help me & the limitations currently works for my needs for this project.

Author Topic: Persisting Last Opened Directory (Add Folder) /Better Handling of Excluded Files  (Read 3691 times)

twenty3

• View Profile
Thanks for the great work.
There are two things I thought can be handled better:

1. When you add new songs using "Add Files" the last opened directory will persist, however when you add folder via "Add Folder" and you want to add another folder, the directory doesn't persist. I think it would be convenient if it did, for example if you wan't to add several albums from the same artist.

2. When there is only one excluded file, and that excluded file is played it crashes WACUP. This happened when I wanted to crop a song but accidentally excluded it, when I cropped and played it crashed the player. I think currently WACUP skips the excluded files but if there is only one excluded file it will turn into a loop.

dro

• Admin / WACUP Developer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • WACUP (Winamp Community Update Project)
#1 is a bug as it's meant to do that but doesn't do it correctly as part of the transitionry work.

#2 is already meant to be checked for & prevented against but will look into what's going on.

-dro

dro

• Admin / WACUP Developer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • WACUP (Winamp Community Update Project)
I've just finished the initial steps for merging the playback excluder plug-in into the wacup core as well as fixing the reported issue.

That should improve how things work compared to the existing plug-in as the file is now blocked from attempted playback before the input plug-ins are normally passed the file to play.

-dro

twenty3

• View Profile
Thanks for checking the issues, and for keeping Winamp experience alive.
WACUP is already my main music player.

Wish you strength throughout this project.