Latest restricted WACUP beta release is build #18654 (March 24th 2024) (x86 & x64 changelogs) | Latest WACUP public preview is build #17040 (September 30th 2023) (x86 only)

NOTE: Beta testers are added in a limited & subjective manner as I can only support so many people as part of the beta test program to keep it useful for my needs.

Unless I think you're going to be helpful, not all requests will be accepted but might still be later on. Remember that beta testing is to help me & the limitations currently works for my needs for this project.

Author Topic: Once activated the Playlist Search Box, you lose the Library sorting icons !  (Read 6607 times)

crimson

• View Profile
Hello,
I just installed Wacup. It's a GREAT Winamp update… I like it much !

I noticed an "irreversible bug" : Once activated the "Playlist Search Box" option, you "lose" (it is not displayed anymore) the Library Icons Line (on top) to arrange the columns contents... So I can't (re)select the Album view with all my album cover images ! Or i don't know how ?
… and the "French language pack" is not working.

Sorry for my bad English... I'm French.

Thanks.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2019, 06:00:52 PM by crimson »

crimson

• View Profile
OK… I "solved" the issue by uninstall/reinstall Wacup full software.
Now i just need the rescan all my (big) music folder... in Wacup. But at least, the famous "Library small icons" (on the leftside of the search bar) are displayed again !
Thanks.

crimson

• View Profile
Here is Screenshot of these "small icons" (in red) which was suddenly missing on my previous wacup install : I just hope they will not disapear again later... (?) It's a strange bug !
« Last Edit: November 24, 2019, 09:58:56 PM by crimson »

dro

• Admin / WACUP Developer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • WACUP (Winamp Community Update Project)
I've tried a number of things & I'm just not able to replicate nor understand how the BBM skin option is going to have any interaction with the handling within local library view. You hadn't maybe attempted to try the replacement local library plug-in as that doesn't implement those buttons.

Localisation support is not enabled in any WACUP build current due to a lot of changes that have broken the existing language packs & I didn't want to have to deal with crash reports with outdated language packs (as can & will happen if using them & they're not built for the client version).

-dro

crimson

• View Profile
I Don't know how and why this bug happened… but since i restarted from zero... wacup works quite good : Only a few crashs occasionally when i browse my (maybe too large ?) Library, but now Wacup restarts good... from where it was before the latest "crash report".

I want to say you i appreciate a lot your work from the "old Winamp"...
Wacup looks awesome once customised. The new layout is perfect : (cf. my Screenshot !)

Thanks for your reply.

« Last Edit: November 25, 2019, 08:50:41 PM by crimson »

dro

• Admin / WACUP Developer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • WACUP (Winamp Community Update Project)
I had seen a few crash reports that I've got to assume based on the username might be you & most seemed to be local library & modern skin engine related (bits that are still the original Winamp 5.666 files). The modern skin engine issues are the harder ones to fix but we'll get there in the end :)

-dro