Latest restricted WACUP beta release is build #18654 (March 24th 2024) (x86 & x64 changelogs) | Latest WACUP public preview is build #17040 (September 30th 2023) (x86 only)

NOTE: Beta testers are added in a limited & subjective manner as I can only support so many people as part of the beta test program to keep it useful for my needs.

Unless I think you're going to be helpful, not all requests will be accepted but might still be later on. Remember that beta testing is to help me & the limitations currently works for my needs for this project.

Author Topic: Latest Realtek HD Audio Driver Version  (Read 7918 times)

Ricardo_estep

• View Profile
Latest Realtek HD Audio Driver Version
« on: October 18, 2019, 12:24:17 AM »
Hi, i want to share you all a link through another Forum.

https://www.tenforums.com/sound-audio/135259-latest-realtek-hd-audio-driver-version-2-a.html

You can check through there the latest version for Realtek HD Audio Drivers*.

The Realtek Sound Cards are practically on every modern PCs as a internal Sound Card over motherboards, headphones...
On that Forum post, they usually share and check by "Microsoft Update Catalog" the lastest version for all of your PCs.

Those drivers posted there are universal, and they are compatible by OEM modifications, with even using third party external tools like Nahimic, Dolby Audio, etc... If they are not compatible by your PC, dont try to force those apps as this drivers aren't modded.

The way to update is easy:
1-You must download the lastest .CAB and extract it (you can use 7zip) on a folder. They are usually on the first post.
2-Enter to the the "Device Manager Panel", over Cortana type: -"devmgmt.msc" (or use Win+R combination to execute this) and press enter.
3-Click over “Sound, video and game controllers" and expand it, then go to the "Realtek High Definition Audio" and click over it with the secondary button of your mouse to make appear the "Update Driver" panel, click over it.
4-Select "search manually drivers over PC" and click on the folder you extracted the .CAB
5-If every goes well, you will have to reset your computer and then you will have those drivers updated.

Maybe later, you will need to configure again some parameters over "Control Panel" like special effects, "Spacial Sounds"... etc.
These updates come from time to time, so take a look sometime...

PD: Its not usually to happen, but every PC is a world, if everything goes wrong and your PC resets without audio. You can revert this:
1-Go like before to the "Device Panel".
2-Click over “Sound, video and game controllers" and expand it, then go to the "Realtek High Definition Audio" and click two times over it.
3-A panel will open, click over "Driver", and then click on "Reverse to the previous driver".
4-Reset again & Done.

Greetings you all, and thanks to Brink, and all people on TenForums. :)
« Last Edit: October 18, 2019, 12:31:48 AM by Ricardo_estep »

Dr.Flay

• Evil Genius
  • Beta Tester
  • AMIGA Forever
    • View Profile
    • About Me
Re: Latest Realtek HD Audio Driver Version
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2019, 07:39:31 AM »
Non-Windows 10 users will have to visit the Realtek site for updates.
https://www.realtek.com/en/component/zoo/category/pc-audio-codecs-high-definition-audio-codecs-software
My weekly radio show on Source FM ☛ 15% Extra

Ricardo_estep

• View Profile
Re: Latest Realtek HD Audio Driver Version
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2019, 02:15:48 PM »
I forgot to put something. There are two types of drivers, normal* and UAD*.

The ones of first post are Normal* so you dont need the Audio Console* from Windows Store*.

There is another link sharing over that forum, to a github unnofficial page with UAD* drivers, taked out from Realtek official FTP.
https://github.com/alanfox2000/realtek-hda-release/releases

Those drivers need for the Audio Console* to work... And cannot use or work, any third party external tools like Nahimic, Dolby Audio, etc... If they aren't from Windows Store* too...

So care. You can really make a mess if you install one over another.

If you have made that, turn back the driver as i telled you before, and install the needed one from the link i posted above. Care cause there are so many releases there, look for the "Realtek High Definition Audio XXXX WHQL"... Don't install any "USB audio" unless you need it.

Im sorry all. :(
« Last Edit: October 27, 2019, 02:32:28 PM by Ricardo_estep »