Latest restricted WACUP beta release is build #18654 (March 24th 2024) (x86 & x64 changelogs) | Latest WACUP public preview is build #17040 (September 30th 2023) (x86 only)

NOTE: Beta testers are added in a limited & subjective manner as I can only support so many people as part of the beta test program to keep it useful for my needs.

Unless I think you're going to be helpful, not all requests will be accepted but might still be later on. Remember that beta testing is to help me & the limitations currently works for my needs for this project.

Author Topic: 3 problems discovered in 4 days(read inside)  (Read 7180 times)

sasnet

• View Profile
3 problems discovered in 4 days(read inside)
« on: October 06, 2019, 04:54:56 PM »
Greetings,
I am here to report 3 problems of WACUP.
1) If I use all skins from the "big bento modern" category, the volume button goes wrong, when you can press, when you can not press at all.
2) If I use more than 48 hours of continuous wacup he receives a "close the program" error! Tested on W7, W10 RS3, W10 RS6.
3) After loading a playlist and playing it, if I change the position of the songs, when the playlist is played, the order of the songs is not respected.

Bonus question: Was the problem solved with excessive RAM usage after 6-7 days of continuous use?(Old Winamp having this problem) Im radio owner.
Thanks.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2019, 04:55:41 PM by sasnet »

dro

• Admin / WACUP Developer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • WACUP (Winamp Community Update Project)
Re: 3 problems discovered in 4 days(read inside)
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2019, 08:30:28 PM »
Without knowing what has been installed & what is being used within the install, it's really hard for me to answer the memory usage question. Please go to Preferences -> Plug-ins -> click 'create info report' & attach the generated file in reply here please so it can be checked over.

1) I've asked the skin author to have a check as I'm seeing something if I try to click the button repeatedly quickly but it's ok if I take a bit of time.

2) I'd need to see a crash report or have more information on the install to have any means to start to diagnose the issue.

3) You're going to have to give me more information to go on please. My best guess is that you're loading the playlist from the library & if so then there's not a connection between it & the main playlist editor (which is more like a temporary scratch playlist than the actual library playlist). If that's not what you mean then again more information is needed so I can better understand the issue you're having.

-dro

sasnet

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2019, 10:26:58 PM »
1) - 2) -
Portable Version,Full Report Here -> http://www.solidfiles.com/v/Wq4XYgg2qKqNy
3) there are no problems in the Playlist Editor, but in Media Library
« Last Edit: October 07, 2019, 10:48:47 PM by sasnet »

TheTigerBeast

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2019, 10:29:01 PM »
4. when changing the skin from Winamp Classic to Winamp Modern, the EQ from Winamp Classic appears in the Playlist Editor.

Eris Lund

• The Skin Guy, Official Modern Skin tech support
  • Beta Tester
    • View Profile
    • Eris Lund's Github
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2019, 11:04:47 PM »
4. when changing the skin from Winamp Classic to Winamp Modern, the EQ from Winamp Classic appears in the Playlist Editor.
Please create a seperate thread for this (and it's more or less a known issue by now)
Currently building the fourth (and best) incarnation of Classic Skins in Modern Skins
https://github.com/0x5066/DeClassified
Current maintainer of the WACUP version of Winamp Modern.
https://github.com/0x5066/WinampModernPP
I made that one skin that one time.
https://github.com/0x5066/Winamp2000SP4

dro

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2019, 06:13:10 PM »
1 & 2) The url doesn't appear to be valid. You can attach things to posts or send an email over to contact@getwacup.com & mention this thread.

3) I'm still not following & have to assume it's what I'd tried to explain above. Can you give me some exact steps or screenshots or even a quick video to show the issue please.

4) This is a known issue & is something I've still to work out why it keeps happening nor why it doesn't happen in a consistent manner (i.e. it only happens for some but not all & not me sadly which makes it harder to work out what's going wrong).

-dro

twenty3

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2020, 07:43:33 PM »
Regarding the skin issue well it's not related to changing skin from classic to modern.
It happens when you resize the playlist in modern skin.
Try to do this and see if it appears for you too Darren.
Check out the screenshots.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2020, 07:44:42 PM by twenty3 »

twenty3

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2020, 07:44:21 PM »
More screenshots.

dro

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2020, 08:02:10 PM »
What you're seeing is due to Fixed the playlist editor window visualisation incorrectly appearing within the middle of the main playlist editor window (this mainly affected modern skins but some installs with classic skins) from the changelog for the next build.

It intermittently happens on some installs & not others due to me not completely replacing some of the handling of the playlist editor window in prior builds (with the next build I just forcibly prevent the creation of that window as its only meant to appear under classic skins in certain situations & definitely not with a modern skin).

-dro