Latest restricted WACUP beta release is build #18654 (March 24th 2024) (x86 & x64 changelogs) | Latest WACUP public preview is build #17040 (September 30th 2023) (x86 only)

NOTE: Beta testers are added in a limited & subjective manner as I can only support so many people as part of the beta test program to keep it useful for my needs.

Unless I think you're going to be helpful, not all requests will be accepted but might still be later on. Remember that beta testing is to help me & the limitations currently works for my needs for this project.

Author Topic: Error creating output file.  (Read 5965 times)

ziddersroofurry

• Beta Tester
  • "Shared pain is lessened; Shared joy, increased."
    • View Profile
Error creating output file.
« on: October 04, 2019, 05:59:14 PM »
Been getting this when trying to play some MP3's I bought off of Bandcamp. The tracks play fine when played via VLC but when played via WACUP it gives me that error and speeds through the tracks without playing any sound. I've never seen this happen. I was using the last release before the Oct. 3'rd version but it does the same with that one, too.

Eris Lund

• The Skin Guy, Official Modern Skin tech support
  • Beta Tester
    • View Profile
    • Eris Lund's Github
Re: Error creating output file.
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2019, 06:24:02 PM »
What output plugin are you using in WACUP?
Currently building the fourth (and best) incarnation of Classic Skins in Modern Skins
https://github.com/0x5066/DeClassified
Current maintainer of the WACUP version of Winamp Modern.
https://github.com/0x5066/WinampModernPP
I made that one skin that one time.
https://github.com/0x5066/Winamp2000SP4

ziddersroofurry

• Beta Tester
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2019, 06:53:43 PM »
This is my list of plugins:
Chun-Yu's MP3 Writer plug-in v3.0
Ignorant Output v1.0.1
Not So ASIO v1.1
Not So YASAPI v1.1.3
Nullsoft DirectSound Output v2.65
Nullsoft Disk Writer v2.18
Nullsoft WaveOut Output v2.17

If I remember right I installed Chun-Yu's plugin because I was having difficulty copying an old CD to my PC. It was a long time ago though so I can't remember exactly.

EDIT: OK I disabled that plugin and it works now. Thanks for getting me to look at my plugins.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2019, 06:57:34 PM by ziddersroofurry »

dro

• Admin / WACUP Developer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • WACUP (Winamp Community Update Project)
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2019, 08:54:16 PM »
Glad you're sorted now & it would have been because it was likely the selected output plug-in in the list which causes it to be the active plug-in.

Maybe I need to look into making it more obvious which output plug-in is the active one as I've done this myself more times than I should've over the years.

-dro

ziddersroofurry

• Beta Tester
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2019, 11:44:38 PM »
Yeah. I'm a noob at the plugin stuff as I've never really used custom plugins much. Most of the time when playing or converting stuff the default player worked fine. It does seem like it sparkled a really good idea though. :D