Latest restricted WACUP beta release is build #18654 (March 24th 2024) (x86 & x64 changelogs) | Latest WACUP public preview is build #17040 (September 30th 2023) (x86 only)

NOTE: Beta testers are added in a limited & subjective manner as I can only support so many people as part of the beta test program to keep it useful for my needs.

Unless I think you're going to be helpful, not all requests will be accepted but might still be later on. Remember that beta testing is to help me & the limitations currently works for my needs for this project.

Author Topic: Buzz On Close  (Read 5039 times)

Kanzar

• View Profile
Buzz On Close
« on: September 25, 2019, 12:29:05 PM »
Version: 1.0.7.4264
Output plugin: Not So Yasapi v1.1.2
Driver: Realtek (onboard audio)

What happens: on closing/pausing audio, speakers produce BZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ noise, only stops if I play something else from another app (e.g., start Youtube).

Solution: rollback to .4130 (happened to the last public update as well but I forgot to lodge a ticket), and this issue doesn't occur. 

dro

• Admin / WACUP Developer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • WACUP (Winamp Community Update Project)
Re: Buzz On Close
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2019, 01:05:48 PM »
Does it occur with the other output plug-ins?

It is strange as I've not touched the code of that output plug-in in the builds from the past few months so it suddenly happening is odd & I can only put it down as it somehow not liking the delay load change that was introduced for output plug-ins (which after 4130 was correctly working on all installs instead of the hit & miss nature that 4130 & earlier had).

Will see if I can replicate it as its not one I use by default as I prefer the DirectSound plug-in.

-dro

Kanzar

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2019, 06:43:01 AM »
Seems to not with the DirectSound one.

dro

• Admin / WACUP Developer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • WACUP (Winamp Community Update Project)
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2019, 03:54:21 PM »
Ok. I've not been able to reproduce the issue but there's some vague mentions of it being driver related from a few wasapi related threads I found (so not necessarily plug-in specific). I'll have to queue this up to investigate further later on.

-dro