Latest restricted WACUP beta release is build #18654 (March 24th 2024) (x86 & x64 changelogs) | Latest WACUP public preview is build #17040 (September 30th 2023) (x86 only)

NOTE: Beta testers are added in a limited & subjective manner as I can only support so many people as part of the beta test program to keep it useful for my needs.

Unless I think you're going to be helpful, not all requests will be accepted but might still be later on. Remember that beta testing is to help me & the limitations currently works for my needs for this project.

Author Topic: Playlist Drag/Drop ordering in ML.. (this must be must me..)  (Read 7328 times)

Rob-kayak

• View Profile
Playlist Drag/Drop ordering in ML.. (this must be must me..)
« on: October 03, 2019, 10:35:04 PM »
Playlist Drag/Drop ordering in ML.. (this must be just me..)

previous installed version 5.666
Windows 7

I searched and searched here... for this issue.. only one topic I could get close to this was back in 2017.
This must be just me.. or I can't search here for beans...

It's pretty basic.. older version... In ML.. you have all your playlists on the left and you want to move individual one up and down..  just click and hold and drag to new position in the "main" list in ML.

I just started testing.. so I believe I have the latest version here... installed in different directory than original Winamp.

I didn't import my playlist(s).
I just dropped them in the folder, along with the old XML file...
Users/MyName/Appdata/Roaming/WACUP/Pluigins/ml/playlists

I also installed my previous Skin.. called ProStak 2 (or maybe its 3)..
which works fine... except for this "drag" reorder of a playlist in ML.
I also tested on the installed Skins.. same thing.

Well.. very happy to see this great program breath life again... been a user for a very very long time.

Thanks a bunch Dr. O and all the other programmers.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2019, 11:15:13 PM by Rob-kayak »

dro

• Admin / WACUP Developer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • WACUP (Winamp Community Update Project)
Re: Playlist Drag/Drop ordering in ML.. (this must be must me..)
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2019, 11:49:10 PM »
It was the current build until I uploaded a newer one as you'd posted.

The support is there but only if you have it setup to show the playlists in the navigation tree (it's off by default as the root playlist view is better than that 5.666 version imho). The attached image shows where the option can be found.

It is however a fair request that I consider doing it in the root list view so its not necessary to enable the above option. Though it'd probably need a keyboard modifier to enable it (e.g. Shift or Ctrl + click) as the default handling within the root is that click + dragging playlists allows them to be dropped onto other playlists or parts of the library / main playlist.

And thanks for the kind words, is appreciated.

-dro
« Last Edit: October 03, 2019, 11:49:50 PM by dro »

Rob-kayak

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2019, 01:15:36 AM »
Thanks Dr O  !! :-)
that did it ! 

I wasn't sure if my "just" dropping my playlist might have been the issue... and, or, if dropping in my favorite skin (Pro Stak) broke something.
Super stoked that it was so easy to just get up and running.

And really cool support for "https" files also is working.. especially for Podcasts...
I had actually written a Perl script to grab "https" Podcasts... and ripout the "s" in "https" to delivery them in the old Winamp.   

Also.. a favorite plugin... "streamripper" installed and doesn't seem to have any issues...

Thank you again.
Rob

dro

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2019, 05:55:47 PM »
Nothing you've done wrong, just a decision i made a few years back now to implement something else requested at the expense of something else.

With the shift to https I've seen more feeds start to drop http versions & as I use the podcast plug-in having it support https was a must for me 🙂

Glad you've gotten up & running quickly & things are ok so far (just I need to do some coding).

Btw is there a specific sorting needed that requires the need for manually rearranging the playlists?

-dro

Rob-kayak

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2019, 12:06:12 AM »
Playlist sorting...
nothing specific in reality... except for my personal preference in what is on top of the list.. the most used.

For example... I listen to a lot of radio stations.. way more than my actual music playlists.
One list for talk, one for favorites, one for reggae, one for bluegrass... etc etc..
Over the years of listening to internet radio.. I developed methods for extracting the actual stream.. as opposed to the html/flash players etc that websites push their streams.
And Shoutcast also provides links to the streams..
And thusly built my radio playlists... which I liked on top.

I saw the Internet Radio link in WACUP.. so I'll be looking at that for some new listening stations.

My music playlists are named alphabetically... with prefixes such as b- , c- , r- , etc etc for their genre.
So sorting those lists are intuitive with the simple clicking of the sort button.

Before you had helped me... I renamed my radio lists with the prefix "+" , which placed them at the top... when clicking the sort button.
Yet happy to discover the option you pointed out to me..
I did notice a little slower load times.. so I can turn it off and on if that bugs me.. but it doesn't.

Over here.. I have an FM Transmitter that I can send the sound to all the radios in the house... made by CCRANE company... good but expensive as things are these days... it's getting rather old but does it's job.
I also have a "remote" on my phone(s) that I can also control Winamp through the WiFi if I am out of the room.
Have not tried the "remote" with WACUP but should work.

Winamp is on my phones (2), two tablets, and two computers.
I have been around since the Commodore 64 computers, BBS dialups when no real internet... and FIDO net back before we knew the internet as it it today.
Not a programmer.. but I "smash" around at things to get them to work... learned some perl to get by, xml, php, etc etc.

HTTPS... this darn internet thingy... always changing to keep us busy... and these darn phones, reinventing how we must display websites..
Oh well...

Thanks again and best regards.
Rob.

« Last Edit: October 05, 2019, 12:08:30 AM by Rob-kayak »

dro

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2019, 06:15:52 PM »
Ok, maybe a pinned / favourite type setting would be better as a quick idea that's just popped in the ol' grey cell.

Whatever else might be done, allowing manual re-ordering still makes sense to get implemented in the root view.

-dro