Latest restricted WACUP beta release is build #18654 (March 24th 2024) (x86 & x64 changelogs) | Latest WACUP public preview is build #17040 (September 30th 2023) (x86 only)

NOTE: Beta testers are added in a limited & subjective manner as I can only support so many people as part of the beta test program to keep it useful for my needs.

Unless I think you're going to be helpful, not all requests will be accepted but might still be later on. Remember that beta testing is to help me & the limitations currently works for my needs for this project.

Author Topic: [FIXED] Bug with open with  (Read 4477 times)

robojock

• View Profile
[FIXED] Bug with open with
« on: January 26, 2019, 08:56:51 AM »
Hi,

I noticed there is a bug with the preview build (1.0.0.3174) when using "open with" and winamp is closed it takes a while for winamp to open, too long if you compare it with similar applications. Once winamp is open then that action happens fast.

Steps to produce
1. Right Click on an audio file
2. Select "Open with"
3. Select Winamp
4. and then you wait...
« Last Edit: September 16, 2019, 08:47:26 PM by dro »

dro

• Admin / WACUP Developer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • WACUP (Winamp Community Update Project)
Re: Bug with open with
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2019, 09:35:04 PM »
Alas not everything needed to work nicely with that & other aspects of the OS aren't implemented at the moment. It relates to all of the file association handling from the note when first installing WACUP & is one of the reasons why it's done as a portable-type install by default due to such issues being present. It will be resolved as it's a blocking feature to move out of beta/preview builds to more formal 'final' builds.

-dro

dro

• Admin / WACUP Developer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • WACUP (Winamp Community Update Project)
Re: [FIXED] Bug with open with
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2019, 08:48:23 PM »
I'm now marking this fixed since the changes from build #4220 were introduced which from the feedback of others confirm the issue seen is no longer causing a crash to occur (even if its taking longer than liked we'll get those bugs fixed!).

-dro