Latest restricted WACUP beta release is build #18654 (March 24th 2024) (x86 & x64 changelogs) | Latest WACUP public preview is build #17040 (September 30th 2023) (x86 only)

NOTE: Beta testers are added in a limited & subjective manner as I can only support so many people as part of the beta test program to keep it useful for my needs.

Unless I think you're going to be helpful, not all requests will be accepted but might still be later on. Remember that beta testing is to help me & the limitations currently works for my needs for this project.

Author Topic: Big mp3 or Flac files  (Read 5336 times)

Djhoover

• View Profile
Big mp3 or Flac files
« on: August 28, 2019, 03:24:45 PM »
Hi
First, a BIG THANK YOU to all the Wacup team ( Dro.....etc) for your  huge work and for keeping Winamp Alive!!!!!!!!!!!!!!👏👏👏👏👏

As an old DJ i saved and recorded all my mixes in a big mp3 or a big Flac File to play or burn them gapless
The only way for me to have gaps or to navigate  in those big files is to edit a cue file
Even when i rip a mixed CD , i rip it in a big mp3 or Flac file with cue files
I still use Winamp 5.65 and the Cue player plugin 0.57c( works great in this Winamp version)

So I give a try to the new preview version 4130 and notice no support for cue files ,so i decide to install the old plugins( perhaps with a little luck still working!!!!!!!!)
- Cueplayer 0.57c
- mp3cue
- cue navigator
these plugins don't work anymore  :-( 😢😢😢😢😢

It will be great if  the cue support can be implemented in the future in the new Wacup

Just for Info : Tried other old plugin with this preview (just for fun)
Don't work anymore:
-Volume Logic by Octiv 1.2
-Dynamic Library
MLtree.dll

Still working:
-McTosd
-cPro plugin

thank's for reading
(English is not my native language)
Djhoover

dro

• Admin / WACUP Developer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • WACUP (Winamp Community Update Project)
Re: Big mp3 or Flac files
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2019, 01:50:37 AM »
CUE support is one of those things that's on the todo list but other bigger things need to be done before it'll get implemented.

The most likely reason those older CUE plug-ins are no longer working (which I've seen other report them not working on 5.666 & older) is because of input plug-in changes to improve the wacup experience rather than anything intentional (especially as the cue player plug-in has always been hit & miss).

Volume Logic isn't one I'm too aware off - I assume that's an older DSP plug-in? Sometimes for such plug-ins it needs a one-time run under administrator mode to allow it to create files that since Vista cannot be directly edited.

Dynamic Library & MLtree have been intermittently working for a while & the intention is to provide an equivalent set of tree browsing view options as part of the replacement local library plug-in. It'll take a bit of time but it'll happen & then those plug-ins (especially MLtree which I've not been able to get working for many years) then won't need to be supported as the equivalent functionality will be in-WACUP.

Not sure what McTosd is - sounds like a general purpose plug-in.

The cPro framework is included directly with WACUP so there's no need to re-install that as it'll most likely be reverting it back to an older verison than the last released version of cPro (which has had some small tweaks under WACUP to remove things that are broken e.g. trying to access the now defunct skinconsortium site).

-dro

Djhoover

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2019, 01:55:10 PM »
Thank you Dro for your answer,

just for info:
 McTOSD is a general purpose , it shows the title and files infos on the desktop , you can change the fonts,, the size, the colors, the place,  the time( fade in & out) ( see attachement)

dro

• Admin / WACUP Developer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • WACUP (Winamp Community Update Project)
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2019, 03:06:53 AM »
Oh that plug-in. It's been a long time since I've seen it which is why the name had escaped me.

-dro