Latest restricted WACUP beta release is build #18654 (March 24th 2024) (x86 & x64 changelogs) | Latest WACUP public preview is build #17040 (September 30th 2023) (x86 only)

NOTE: Beta testers are added in a limited & subjective manner as I can only support so many people as part of the beta test program to keep it useful for my needs.

Unless I think you're going to be helpful, not all requests will be accepted but might still be later on. Remember that beta testing is to help me & the limitations currently works for my needs for this project.

Author Topic: FIXED] new preview build feedback - drag+drop of a folder on main window fails  (Read 6999 times)

pimento

• View Profile
Hi, got the new preview build installed. So far this one has started every time I've launched it, so that's a good start. I have noticed however that I can't drag folders into it anymore to have it play everything in that folder. That worked on the old build. Now I have to open that folder, select everything and drag it in that way - not too big of a deal, but being able to just drag a folder was a nice quality of life option.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2019, 08:46:36 PM by dro »

dro

• Admin / WACUP Developer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • WACUP (Winamp Community Update Project)
Re: new preview build feedback
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2019, 03:48:57 PM »
What skin are you using & where in the ui are you trying to drag things onto?

-dro

pimento

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2019, 04:37:40 AM »
Big Bento Modern, and to the title ticker in to the windowshade mode. It does work if I expand the window and drag the folder into the playlist, but that's less useful. It always used to work with the windowshade dragging, now it clears out the existing playlist but doesn't add the new stuff, it just says Winamp 5.666 Build 3516.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2019, 04:40:26 AM by pimento »

dro

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2019, 06:34:45 PM »
Ok, it seems from another thread that this really become noticeable in build 4122 which means it's my replacement code not working correctly vs the incomplete way in which the patching was working in the prior builds that meant the original code was still being used & not mine (which needed to be replaced to allow for drag + drop onto a classic skin double-sized playlist editor window). Will get it fixed now I've a better starting point from this & the other thread.

-dro

pimento

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2019, 12:34:53 PM »
Awesome, thanks!

dro

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2019, 03:30:48 AM »
Been a bit quiet about this issue. Thankfully (but not from the user view point) it seems to be just dropping onto the main window (irrespective of the skin type) with a folder & this is one of the final few things on my immediate snag list to be resolved before I put out a newer build.

-dro

dro

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2019, 08:46:06 PM »
The drag + drop issue was fixed as of build #4220 so I'll mark this as fixed as it's not been reported as still being broken by others who tested the fix.

-dro