Latest restricted WACUP beta release is build #18798 (April 7th 2024) (x86 & x64 changelogs) | Latest WACUP public preview is build #17040 (September 30th 2023) (x86 only)

NOTE: Beta testers are added in a limited & subjective manner as I can only support so many people as part of the beta test program to keep it useful for my needs.

Unless I think you're going to be helpful, not all requests will be accepted but might still be later on. Remember that beta testing is to help me & the limitations currently works for my needs for this project.

Author Topic: Winamp Native OS Skin  (Read 5602 times)

WIM

• Beta Tester
    • View Profile
Winamp Native OS Skin
« on: August 14, 2019, 08:34:32 AM »
Winamp is very popular for its skins. But in todays computers the scaling of window is not working well so native windows style based skin is required which is currently not available anywhere. So I hope here it will be considered

Aminifu

• Beta Tester
    • View Profile
Re: Winamp Native OS Skin
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2019, 09:36:55 PM »
Have you looked in the Skins section of this forum? Victhor has developed 2 modern skins (Big Bento Modern and Winamp Classic Modern) that scale very well.
Windows 11 Home 64-bit v23H2
Logitech Z906 5.1 speaker system

dro

• Admin / WACUP Developer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • WACUP (Winamp Community Update Project)
Re: Winamp Native OS Skin
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2019, 04:12:51 PM »
Will give a brief reply to what was covered on discord about this...

The idea which is ultimately the relatively simpler way to get a different style of skin engine implemented is going down the VLC/fb2k approach of just not bothering with skinning & using the native OS handling (like the winamp/wacup preferences window does normally) to leverage all that comes from that.

How that native ui should end up being done I'm still uncertain as it can either go the multi-window or single-ui approach but I'm delaying doing work on this for the time being until more of the core handling has been swapped over to wacup code instead of winamp code so it's simpler to just get things working (hopefully, heh).

-dro