Latest restricted WACUP beta release is build #18654 (March 24th 2024) (x86 & x64 changelogs) | Latest WACUP public preview is build #17040 (September 30th 2023) (x86 only)

NOTE: Beta testers are added in a limited & subjective manner as I can only support so many people as part of the beta test program to keep it useful for my needs.

Unless I think you're going to be helpful, not all requests will be accepted but might still be later on. Remember that beta testing is to help me & the limitations currently works for my needs for this project.

Author Topic: Setting Preference search  (Read 7370 times)

zag2me

• Beta Tester
    • View Profile
Setting Preference search
« on: July 28, 2019, 11:25:11 AM »
A nice feature would be a search bar in the top right or bottom right of preferences with a global search for settings.

I'm still looking for the minimise to tray setting after 5mins of browsing menus :)

dro

• Admin / WACUP Developer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • WACUP (Winamp Community Update Project)
Re: Setting Preference search
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2019, 01:49:49 PM »
That's sadly much easier to say than do & I proposed doing that back in 2007 but it never happened as the effort vs return isn't that great.

I assume you mean a close to tray action when clicking the close button? As the minimise button on the skin otherwise does just that.

-dro

zag2me

• Beta Tester
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2019, 05:25:37 PM »
Yep just like in Chrome when you can search an option really quickly, its very intuative for programs with a lot of options (such as winamp).

dro

• Admin / WACUP Developer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • WACUP (Winamp Community Update Project)
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2019, 07:51:32 PM »
It might be intuitive from the user view point (which is why it had been proposed) but it's a lot of effort to implement & it assumes that 3rd party plug-ins would support it. I'll re-assess this when I'm in a better position to have replaced at least all of the standard preferences & those that come from the included plug-ins (maybe I can do something sneaky like scanning dialog resources or something without overly bloating the code for preferences).

-dro