Latest restricted WACUP beta release is build #18654 (March 24th 2024) (x86 & x64 changelogs) | Latest WACUP public preview is build #17040 (September 30th 2023) (x86 only)

NOTE: Beta testers are added in a limited & subjective manner as I can only support so many people as part of the beta test program to keep it useful for my needs.

Unless I think you're going to be helpful, not all requests will be accepted but might still be later on. Remember that beta testing is to help me & the limitations currently works for my needs for this project.

Author Topic: Hey all  (Read 1420 times)

Warrior of the Light

• View Profile
Hey all
« on: February 12, 2022, 12:47:21 PM »
Hey people,

I expect some of you will still have an account on the winamp forums.
I changed my email address, but their activation email doesn't seem to be sent and am now locked out, can't change it too until I activate my account, which I can't without an email.

I even tried making a new account, with a new fresh temporary gmail address, but there to I don't receive any emails.

Can someone drop a not there for DJ egg/ NJK?

Eris Lund

• The Skin Guy, Official Modern Skin tech support
  • Beta Tester
    • View Profile
    • Eris Lund's Github
Re: Hey all
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2022, 02:10:49 PM »
I do remember setting up an account there after the OVH fire that took down the forums with it, it felt like the mail server was completely dead at that point as I couldn't get the relevant email.

It'd be weird for them to kill that mail server now that the current owners started sending out the survey emails which also mention the forums
Currently building the fourth (and best) incarnation of Classic Skins in Modern Skins
https://github.com/0x5066/DeClassified
Current maintainer of the WACUP version of Winamp Modern.
https://github.com/0x5066/WinampModernPP
I made that one skin that one time.
https://github.com/0x5066/Winamp2000SP4

MourningStar

• Beta Tester
  • ... (-(-_(-_-)_-)-) ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2022, 03:50:25 PM »
If it were me I have some friends that would let me use their login until the issue was resolved. just my $0.02.

Aminifu

• Beta Tester
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2022, 08:01:15 PM »
Happy New Year Warrior,

I sent DJ Egg a pm, will post here if I get a reply. NJK recently joined this forum, hopefully he will see your post requesting help.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2022, 08:02:55 PM by Aminifu »
Windows 11 Home 64-bit v23H2
Logitech Z906 5.1 speaker system

Aminifu

• Beta Tester
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2022, 05:03:24 AM »
Good news Warrior,

Egg says you should be able to log into the Winamp forum now.

Windows 11 Home 64-bit v23H2
Logitech Z906 5.1 speaker system