Latest restricted WACUP beta release is build #18654 (March 24th 2024) (x86 & x64 changelogs) | Latest WACUP public preview is build #17040 (September 30th 2023) (x86 only)

NOTE: Beta testers are added in a limited & subjective manner as I can only support so many people as part of the beta test program to keep it useful for my needs.

Unless I think you're going to be helpful, not all requests will be accepted but might still be later on. Remember that beta testing is to help me & the limitations currently works for my needs for this project.

Author Topic: .cue sheet plugin  (Read 6103 times)

pocttopus

• View Profile
.cue sheet plugin
« on: July 08, 2019, 07:53:41 PM »
Hello folks,

I am wondering does will WACUP be able to load .cue sheet files like previous versions of winamp?

Thanks. :)

ps-where are the bbcodes for formating the messages and also smiles are missing.
[Obi-Wan Kenobi]: -The force can have a strong influence on the weak-minded.
[Chirrut Îmwe]: - I am one with the force the force is with me.

dro

• Admin / WACUP Developer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • WACUP (Winamp Community Update Project)
Re: .cue sheet plugin
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2019, 01:02:49 AM »
It depends on the plug-in that you're using for cue sheet support as Winamp & WACUP haven't got cue sheet support out of the box. I plan on supporting it but I want to have more control over the playback core as well as some of the key plug-ins that will need to be used for playback to get it working cleanly without the hacks that most of the cue plug-ins have had to employ over the years.

It depends on the forum theme being used but the default one is going to be removed at some point since it doesn't correctly provide those features. If you know you're normal BBcodes then they'll work (or you can look at switching to a different theme from the ones I was looking at a while back as potential options to then modify & apply a wacup related colour scheme to).

-dro

Vaako

• Beta Tester
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2020, 02:36:07 PM »
Whitch plug-in does work with WAUCP to support CUE files ?
Regards, Vaako

Dr.Flay

• Evil Genius
  • Beta Tester
  • AMIGA Forever
    • View Profile
    • About Me
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2020, 09:36:57 PM »
WACUP does support cue files but not like a playlist.
Open the waveform seeker to see the cue markers
My weekly radio show on Source FM ☛ 15% Extra

pocttopus

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2022, 08:58:19 AM »
Yes, like .cue files to see them as an additional playlist. I can see only main playlist, but there are separate or additional second playlist files. On Winamp there was a plugin for this (http://forums.winamp.com/showthread.php?threadid=256908)

« Last Edit: January 29, 2022, 09:00:45 AM by pocttopus »
[Obi-Wan Kenobi]: -The force can have a strong influence on the weak-minded.
[Chirrut Îmwe]: - I am one with the force the force is with me.

dro

• Admin / WACUP Developer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • WACUP (Winamp Community Update Project)
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2022, 02:06:24 PM »
I've still not implemented native cue as a playlist support as it's taking much much longer to get to a position so I can do it with all of the common formats that cue is meant to support being native WACUP plug-ins & not have to do the hacks that Winamp & it's plug-ins were doing (i.e. opening & seeking directly to the correct position instead of having to open, pause, mute output, seek, un-mute & resume playback aka not how it should be done).

It'll come but probably too late for those wanting it immediately & then go to other players that instead support it already - we need to remember that i'm trying to replicate a player & a number of features from plug-ins that appeared over 15 or so years when Winamp was actively being developed (i.e. up to the 5.666 release).

-dro