Latest restricted WACUP beta release is build #18654 (March 24th 2024) (x86 & x64 changelogs) | Latest WACUP public preview is build #17040 (September 30th 2023) (x86 only)

NOTE: Beta testers are added in a limited & subjective manner as I can only support so many people as part of the beta test program to keep it useful for my needs.

Unless I think you're going to be helpful, not all requests will be accepted but might still be later on. Remember that beta testing is to help me & the limitations currently works for my needs for this project.

Author Topic: Hello and many questions from newbie  (Read 7384 times)

Puu

• View Profile
Hello and many questions from newbie
« on: May 06, 2019, 10:48:30 PM »
Hello everybody,

an iPod touch is my new tool and I would like to move mp3 files from my painfully slow laptop to the ipod. this brought me here.

I never used winamp and downloaded WACUP and now under device my iPod (connected) does not show up? Discover did not do the trick!

Can i move my mp3 files with WACUP and if yes, how?

The skin is very small and I wonder if there is a way to have button a bit bigger?

Aloha
puu

MarkRH

• Beta Tester
    • View Profile
    • Mark Headrick's Website
Re: Hello and many questions from newbie
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2019, 06:03:21 AM »
If you just want to move/copy the files over, why not just use Windows File Manager to move them?  Never owned an iPod so can't really help with any specifics concerning it.

Eris Lund

• The Skin Guy, Official Modern Skin tech support
  • Beta Tester
    • View Profile
    • Eris Lund's Github
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2019, 08:34:12 AM »
ipod touch devices are not supported (and probably never will be, due to apple screwing with things with every new software update)
Currently building the fourth (and best) incarnation of Classic Skins in Modern Skins
https://github.com/0x5066/DeClassified
Current maintainer of the WACUP version of Winamp Modern.
https://github.com/0x5066/WinampModernPP
I made that one skin that one time.
https://github.com/0x5066/Winamp2000SP4

dro

• Admin / WACUP Developer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • WACUP (Winamp Community Update Project)
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2019, 03:57:55 PM »
the ipod won't show up as WACUP hasn't touched anything to do with the management of such devices over what Winamp provides & Winamp hasn't supported most of the ipods that were released over the years (was a never ending battle that was halted due to legal ramifications which AOL at the time didn't want). Unless ml_ipod fares better (depends on the model year of ipod but even that's not been touched in years), there's not much a WACUP/Winamp install can do.

-dro

p.s. I've removed the other duplicate posts that were made asking this same question in somewhat unrelated threads yesterday.

ariszlo

• Beta Tester
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2019, 06:28:48 PM »
I don't have an iPod, so I'm not sure if this will work for you or not:
How to Transfer Files From PC to iPhone - iPad - iPod (Without iTunes)!
Ariszló @ WinCustomize & DeviantArt

Puu

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2019, 11:30:02 PM »
If you just want to move/copy the files over, why not just use Windows File Manager to move them?  Never owned an iPod so can't really help with any specifics concerning it.

Thank you, there is no way to copy move or paste a mp3 file to ipod with file manager.

Puu

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2019, 11:30:50 PM »
ipod touch devices are not supported (and probably never will be, due to apple screwing with things with every new software update)

Got It! Thank you.

Puu

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2019, 11:32:46 PM »
the ipod won't show up as WACUP hasn't touched anything to do with the management of such devices over what Winamp provides & Winamp hasn't supported most of the ipods that were released over the years (was a never ending battle that was halted due to legal ramifications which AOL at the time didn't want). Unless ml_ipod fares better (depends on the model year of ipod but even that's not been touched in years), there's not much a WACUP/Winamp install can do.

-dro

p.s. I've removed the other duplicate posts that were made asking this same question in somewhat unrelated threads yesterday.

Looks like I can only answer with a quote here.
Anyway thanks so much, I undderstand there is no way to copy move or paste a mp3 file to ipod with WACUP

Puu

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 07, 2019, 11:33:58 PM »
I don't have an iPod, so I'm not sure if this will work for you or not:
How to Transfer Files From PC to iPhone - iPad - iPod (Without iTunes)!

Thanks, You need IOS 9 to do so and Ipod touch can oly update to iOS 6.1.6