Latest restricted WACUP beta release is build #18798 (April 7th 2024) (x86 & x64 changelogs) | Latest WACUP public preview is build #17040 (September 30th 2023) (x86 only)

NOTE: Beta testers are added in a limited & subjective manner as I can only support so many people as part of the beta test program to keep it useful for my needs.

Unless I think you're going to be helpful, not all requests will be accepted but might still be later on. Remember that beta testing is to help me & the limitations currently works for my needs for this project.

Author Topic: Grinch mode  (Read 4746 times)

Dr.Flay

• Evil Genius
  • Beta Tester
  • AMIGA Forever
    • View Profile
    • About Me
Grinch mode
« on: April 18, 2019, 12:45:23 AM »
Can we have a Grinch/Grouch/Scrooge mode in the media lib options please ?
I have a whole bunch of Christmas mashups that I would rather not listen to until December.
Mostly I listen to everything I have on random and so manual skipping is a pain as the entertainment laptop is not the one I sit at.

A separate filter where we can put -christmas -xmas -holiday etc. would be so good it would be like an early Christmas present !
My weekly radio show on Source FM ☛ 15% Extra

MarkRH

• Beta Tester
    • View Profile
    • Mark Headrick's Website
Re: Grinch mode
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2019, 12:22:28 PM »
Uhm, just create a smart view that contains everything but filenames with "/Christmas/" or genre of "Christmas" or something.  This assumes all your Christmas music is within the same directory (if you exclude by filename). You do have to enable ml_local.dll instead of ml_ll.dll in order to create/edit smart views.  Then, just enqueue this list into the main playlist window.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2019, 12:23:33 PM by MarkRH »

Juanus

• Beta Tester
    • View Profile
Re: Grinch mode
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2019, 07:16:06 PM »
And just to add to this - since it sounds like you have everything in your playlist and are playing it on random -
In the playlist, right click the items you don't want to play and choose Exclude Selected Files (Alt-X)