Latest restricted WACUP beta release is build #18654 (March 24th 2024) (x86 & x64 changelogs) | Latest WACUP public preview is build #17040 (September 30th 2023) (x86 only)

NOTE: Beta testers are added in a limited & subjective manner as I can only support so many people as part of the beta test program to keep it useful for my needs.

Unless I think you're going to be helpful, not all requests will be accepted but might still be later on. Remember that beta testing is to help me & the limitations currently works for my needs for this project.

Author Topic: Checkbox for show WinAMP Format Converter Configuration  (Read 4757 times)

r3s3t

• View Profile
Checkbox for show WinAMP Format Converter Configuration
« on: March 17, 2019, 07:20:05 PM »
Hello! :)

Could your put again the checkbox in the configuration window of the format converter to choose whether the window show or not when to send tracks to the converter?

It is very useful if you don't want convert always to the same format and want to change the format.

Thanks for your wonderful work! ^.^

dro

• Admin / WACUP Developer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • WACUP (Winamp Community Update Project)
Re: Checkbox for show WinAMP Format Converter Configuration
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2019, 01:13:29 PM »
I thought I'd gotten away with not having to replicate that as no one has mentioned it over the past few years :)

I'll come up with something (probably not for the next build with my current rate of progress) as I'd intentionally tried to do things differently to what came before (hence the window & proper prefs page) but was waiting to see if there was a demand for the prompt mode or not. My initial thought is when the converter window is opened then you'll get the prompt since that's treated as the start of a batch event as iirc the old plug-in would do it on any action which was more confusing.

-dro

Dr.Flay

• Evil Genius
  • Beta Tester
  • AMIGA Forever
    • View Profile
    • About Me
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2019, 02:07:13 AM »
I didn't want to complain *cough* but yeah this ^
I tend to forget what codec I was last using so seeing it just before the encoding is done is very handy.
My weekly radio show on Source FM ☛ 15% Extra

dro

• Admin / WACUP Developer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • WACUP (Winamp Community Update Project)
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2019, 01:25:10 PM »
Would it also be helpful to have something on the window (probably as a status area) that once the dialog is closed tries to indicate the current mode being used. As even with the X->Y column, it's not as clear to know if it's a quality level 1 or a level 9 or whatever. Seem reasonable or just a waste of ui space ?

-dro