• 1 Replies

Dr.Flay

• Beta Tester
  • AMIGA Forever
    • View Profile
    • About Me
Dual Output
« on: March 12, 2019, 04:32:30 AM »
MPC-BE has an optional second output, so you can use a currently ignored device.
Can we have this ?
Enabling a second output may mean you can have surround sound from a basic PC or laptop.
eg. front pair via line out, and the rear via a bluetooth device.

There may be argument for adding more so 5.1 and up is supported, but as those extras are for a bass and 1 centre which don't match I would argue nobody will have that unless home-made.
I'm not saying nobody could use a 3rd output, just that it would need to filter the frequencies back to a normal pair so would need more coding.
Maybe the AC3 input can do the filtering already, but I doubt the AAC/MP4 decoder does.

dro

• Admin / WACUP Developer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • WACUP (Winamp Community Update Pack)
Re: Dual Output
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2019, 01:29:35 PM »
Meant to post this here along with just on Discord...

It'd need an output muxer so you could have dual output plug-ins being used which itself is easier said than done if you want to use the same output plug-in twice as none of them are really designed for such things. As aspects of the input plug-ins interact directly with the currently configured output plug-in, hence a muxer to try & mediate between things.

Alternatively, it's going to need changing the output plug-in(s) to be able to directly do a dual output mode themselves (which probably complicates things if one does it & nothing else does).

I can see the benefit of offering some form of dual mode & I'm not going to rule it out, just need to get other things done before trying to abuse the output system :)

-dro