How To Make WACUP Default?

• 3 Replies

MourningStar

• View Profile
How To Make WACUP Default?
« on: March 05, 2019, 07:32:16 PM »
I'm doing something wrong. I select a xxxx.flac file. I go to properties and change the 'opens with' and navigate to the WACUP directory and choose  the exe.. However, it fires up standard Winamp. (????)

-MS

dro

• Admin / WACUP Developer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • WACUP (Winamp Community Update Pack)
Re: How To Make WACUP Default?
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2019, 07:36:47 PM »
You're not doing anything wrong but because it's a preview build & is designed to avoid integrating with the OS so builds can be tried out side-by-side then such things are completely expected to happen. Other than manually going in & editing the registry (which is not a solution), there's little else to do for the moment until WACUP has the mechanisms in place to correctly handle such things on its own.

-dro

MourningStar

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2019, 08:50:06 PM »
I have renamed the exe in the WACUP program directory from winamp.exe to WACUP.exe and invoked a fresh association. It now behaves as I desire. thx

-MS

Aminifu

• Beta Tester
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2019, 09:36:40 PM »
I'm able to associate certain music files with WACUP in Windows 10 by using the Windows 10 file association utility to  select the "WACUP (Winamp Community Update Project) Loader" when I double-click on these music files in Windows Explorer.

This lets me associate some music file extensions with WACUP and others with Winamp.