Latest restricted WACUP beta release is build #18654 (March 24th 2024) (x86 & x64 changelogs) | Latest WACUP public preview is build #17040 (September 30th 2023) (x86 only)

NOTE: Beta testers are added in a limited & subjective manner as I can only support so many people as part of the beta test program to keep it useful for my needs.

Unless I think you're going to be helpful, not all requests will be accepted but might still be later on. Remember that beta testing is to help me & the limitations currently works for my needs for this project.

Author Topic: How To Make WACUP Default?  (Read 9357 times)

MourningStar

• Beta Tester
  • ... (-(-_(-_-)_-)-) ...
    • View Profile
How To Make WACUP Default?
« on: March 05, 2019, 07:32:16 PM »
I'm doing something wrong. I select a xxxx.flac file. I go to properties and change the 'opens with' and navigate to the WACUP directory and choose  the exe.. However, it fires up standard Winamp. (????)

-MS

dro

• Admin / WACUP Developer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • WACUP (Winamp Community Update Project)
Re: How To Make WACUP Default?
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2019, 07:36:47 PM »
You're not doing anything wrong but because it's a preview build & is designed to avoid integrating with the OS so builds can be tried out side-by-side then such things are completely expected to happen. Other than manually going in & editing the registry (which is not a solution), there's little else to do for the moment until WACUP has the mechanisms in place to correctly handle such things on its own.

-dro

MourningStar

• Beta Tester
  • ... (-(-_(-_-)_-)-) ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2019, 08:50:06 PM »
I have renamed the exe in the WACUP program directory from winamp.exe to WACUP.exe and invoked a fresh association. It now behaves as I desire. thx

-MS

Aminifu

• Beta Tester
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2019, 09:36:40 PM »
I'm able to associate certain music files with WACUP in Windows 10 by using the Windows 10 file association utility to  select the "WACUP (Winamp Community Update Project) Loader" when I double-click on these music files in Windows Explorer.

This lets me associate some music file extensions with WACUP and others with Winamp.
Windows 11 Home 64-bit v23H2
Logitech Z906 5.1 speaker system

nostromov

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2020, 01:31:41 AM »
[..] because it's a preview build & is designed to avoid integrating with the OS so builds can be tried out side-by-side then such things are completely expected to happen.

Using:
Code: [Select]
winamp58_3660_beta_full_en-us
&
WACUP_Preview_v1_0_9_5144

& using the Web Reader (tab, section) to advance tracks in the Playlist actually launches a new instance of WinAMP?! It does nothing with WACUP. :(

P.S.
Are we NOT supposed to install WinAMP and then WACUP (on top), is that what's going on, or?..

Edited only for grammar & syntax.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2020, 01:34:54 AM by nostromov »

dro

• Admin / WACUP Developer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • WACUP (Winamp Community Update Project)
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2020, 03:57:03 AM »
It won't do anything with WACUP unless you've manually associated it to be the default handler. Like the first quoted comment, this is by design whilst we're in a preview build state. The intention is to have support to do that get enabled in the next round of WACUP updates.

The preview build install requirements state Winamp 5.666 patched (will be installed if not already present) since by running the installer you're saying you're ok with it doing that step for you.

-dro