Latest restricted WACUP beta release is build #18654 (March 24th 2024) (x86 & x64 changelogs) | Latest WACUP public preview is build #17040 (September 30th 2023) (x86 only)

NOTE: Beta testers are added in a limited & subjective manner as I can only support so many people as part of the beta test program to keep it useful for my needs.

Unless I think you're going to be helpful, not all requests will be accepted but might still be later on. Remember that beta testing is to help me & the limitations currently works for my needs for this project.

Author Topic: [CHANGES MADE | CONFIG OPTIONS EDITABLE] Volume Control Issue  (Read 6847 times)

MourningStar

• Beta Tester
  • ... (-(-_(-_-)_-)-) ...
    • View Profile
I have a G510s keyboard with a volume control. When I run WACUP the player's slider moves when i adjust via the keyboard. When I run normal Winamp it does not, i.e. the Winamp volume controls independently of my keyboard's. I want WACUP to behave like Winamp.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2019, 08:56:36 PM by dro »

dro

• Admin / WACUP Developer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • WACUP (Winamp Community Update Project)
Re: Volume Control Issue
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2019, 11:46:53 AM »
Preferences -> Global Hotkeys & un-check the multimedia keys option.

I can't win with the default state of that option as others expect it to work & others don't *shrugs*

-dro

MourningStar

• Beta Tester
  • ... (-(-_(-_-)_-)-) ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2019, 05:01:01 PM »
Preferences -> Global Hotkeys & un-check the multimedia keys option.
Yes, this resolves the issue. Thank you!

-MS

dro

• Admin / WACUP Developer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • WACUP (Winamp Community Update Project)
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2019, 08:56:10 PM »
I'll move this to fixed though I'll note that builds #4220 & #4234 changed some of the hotkey handling to introduce an option that will allow multimedia keys to be handled but excludes the volume keys by default as well as removing the multimedia keys from the default custom hotkeys list to help avoid issues with certain actions causing the request to be cancelled out due to different plug-ins processing the same hotkey action.

-dro