Latest restricted WACUP beta release is build #18654 (March 24th 2024) (x86 & x64 changelogs) | Latest WACUP public preview is build #17040 (September 30th 2023) (x86 only)

NOTE: Beta testers are added in a limited & subjective manner as I can only support so many people as part of the beta test program to keep it useful for my needs.

Unless I think you're going to be helpful, not all requests will be accepted but might still be later on. Remember that beta testing is to help me & the limitations currently works for my needs for this project.

Author Topic: Crash on loading files  (Read 5677 times)

ivars

• Beta Tester
    • View Profile
Crash on loading files
« on: September 25, 2019, 05:17:24 AM »
I had to go back to Preview_v1.0.5.4130 version as none of the more recent builds after that can load my music directory into playlist without crashing.

I tried doing fresh installs of v1.0.6.4220 and also the latest v1.0.7.4264, both had the same behaviour. Back to v1.0.5 and it loads the directory just fine. It's a folder with multiple subdirs and roughly 5000 mp3s, so not too big.
Attaching the error report that was generated from 1.0.7 release.

dro

• Admin / WACUP Developer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • WACUP (Winamp Community Update Project)
Re: Crash on loading files
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2019, 01:02:40 PM »
It's crashing in the newer builds as the crash reporter in 4130 was broken (ironically) & the fixed crash reporter does a better job in catching any issue that can arise. The crash report is showing that it was triggered by a handling issue in in_mp3.dll when trying to get the metadata from "D:\YandexDisk\Music\+LV\Oranzas Brivdienas\[2012] Spid\01. Spīd.mp3". If you could provide me with a copy of that file please I'll then have a look to see what's going on (hopefully it'll also crash for me) & then a fix can be applied.

-dro

ivars

• Beta Tester
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2019, 12:46:04 AM »
Here is the exact file.

P.S. You are doing a really awesome work here. Winamp has always been my desktop music player of choice, And it was exciting to stumble upon WACUP in March this year.

dro

• Admin / WACUP Developer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • WACUP (Winamp Community Update Project)
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2019, 02:06:35 AM »
Thanks for the file & also the kind words (is appreciated).

I've now had a look & thankfully it crashed for me with the cause of the issue found & it will be fixed for the next build.

-dro