Latest restricted WACUP beta release is build #18654 (March 24th 2024) (x86 & x64 changelogs) | Latest WACUP public preview is build #17040 (September 30th 2023) (x86 only)

NOTE: Beta testers are added in a limited & subjective manner as I can only support so many people as part of the beta test program to keep it useful for my needs.

Unless I think you're going to be helpful, not all requests will be accepted but might still be later on. Remember that beta testing is to help me & the limitations currently works for my needs for this project.

Author Topic: Why playlists showd shorted by name?  (Read 10610 times)

perkas

• View Profile
Why playlists showd shorted by name?
« on: March 02, 2019, 07:18:38 PM »
Hi,
I have imported a playlist from old Winamp, and it shows shorted by name.
I have not seen an option to see playlist in original order, like it was created.

I have a playlist with 200 songs in order that i like. I prefer Whiamp don't short it.
It is possible?

Thanks a lot.!

dro

• Admin / WACUP Developer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • WACUP (Winamp Community Update Project)
Re: Why playlists showd shorted by name?
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2019, 05:50:58 PM »
Erm, there shouldn't be any sorting of the playlist view going on until the user clicks on the headers & then it'll be applied. So a straight import shouldn't have done anything & from my initial re-test of an import it's not showing any manipulation of the playlist. Which exact action did you use within the UI (as there's a few ways to import a playlist) & did you have it import as a copy or to use the original playlist file?

-dro

perkas

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2019, 07:00:55 PM »
Hi,
Import was fine.
But when you click on "Title" or "Duration" one time, it will be sorted forever.
When you open Winamp again, header button remain activate and i have not seen how to disable sort.

I have open the playlist file (.m3u), and mp3 are in the original order.
So i think the problem is that header buttons should allow to disable order.

thanks.

dro

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2019, 09:59:46 PM »
Ok, so import is working correctly though I suspect you've done it so a managed copy is being used instead of the original playlist selected to be imported if the ordering in the file you're looking at is correct). You can if needed copy that file over to replace the managed copy or remove the current copy & re-import the playlist & then choose at that point either to use the original playlist or to allow it to make a new copy with the original sorting.

Clicking on the column headers was something that many had asked for over years vs what the native plug-in didn't allow to be done. So once you click on them, the playlist order is going to change & it's not possible to go back to an 'unsorted' state as that information just isn't known once the playlist changes have been saved. As a playlist is just a list of entries so unless there was additional metadata to indicate a positional context, that's why I can't make it go back to the non-sorted order.

The only solution would be to add an option that is able to prevent the header from allowing sorting which would then have to be enabled as sorting by default makes more sense imho.

-dro

perkas

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2019, 08:54:14 PM »
I have delete playlist and reimport again the original.
Now it show unordered...

Thanks for your help!!!

dro

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2019, 04:07:59 PM »
Ok. Another thought I had is to set the playlist to be read-only & that then implies not allowing sorting & other changes to work which would also resolve your issue (noting it here so I don't forget).

-dro

perkas

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2019, 09:43:29 PM »
Ok. Another thought I had is to set the playlist to be read-only & that then implies not allowing sorting & other changes to work which would also resolve your issue (noting it here so I don't forget).

-dro
I add mp3 to playlist frequently.. So i can't set to read-only.
Thanks for your suggestions anyway.