Latest restricted WACUP beta release is build #18654 (March 24th 2024) (x86 & x64 changelogs) | Latest WACUP public preview is build #17040 (September 30th 2023) (x86 only)

NOTE: Beta testers are added in a limited & subjective manner as I can only support so many people as part of the beta test program to keep it useful for my needs.

Unless I think you're going to be helpful, not all requests will be accepted but might still be later on. Remember that beta testing is to help me & the limitations currently works for my needs for this project.

Author Topic: [FIXED] immediate closing when doubleclicking files in explorer w/WACUP not open  (Read 4111 times)

Arne

• View Profile
Hi.
I have the following issue:
When I have WACUP running and open (double click) an audio file, it works fine...

But when I don't have WACUP running and try playing a file by double-clicking it, WACUP opens and in a split second immediately closes again.
What can I do for it to keep running and play the file?

Thanks.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2019, 08:51:17 PM by dro »

dro

• Admin / WACUP Developer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • WACUP (Winamp Community Update Project)
Re: immediate closing
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2019, 09:27:20 PM »
Alas there isn't known working support for integration with Explorer which is why if an association has been made then it's going to be acting up such as you & a few others have now reported. Getting such matters resolved is one of the remaining things before the 'preview' status can be dropped from the public builds which will be worked on during September.

-dro

dro

• Admin / WACUP Developer
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • WACUP (Winamp Community Update Project)
Re: immediate closing
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2019, 08:50:34 PM »
Am going to mark this as fixed since the changes from build #4220 were introduced which resolves all of the external file handling crashes that were reported & found during testing - just need to have the ui for file associations to remove the need for some of the manual settings being done :)

-dro